Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy Martin’s JCB speed challenge...
Watched this thinking.... it would be all spanner’s and swearing...

What a disappointment.... should that read bullshit??

Very little to do with How, Where and Why to engineer the product, but more to do with the brand Guy Martin...

Step back away from the product, and examine the image.... it’s like the age old film producers dream.... 
Good overcomes Evil, Cowboys and Indians.... Yanks v Japs......what a load of bollocks....

When you scratch the surface, what did Guy actually do? Did he get his hands dirty? Nah... beneath him now.... he simply drinks tea, shows holes in his socks.... and talks in Yorkshireeese.

I’ll bet £20.... he'll soon be having an on screen manicure....

Anyways, a good few years ago I drove a few Fastracs.... amazing vehicle... almost 40mph in what is basically an advanced tractor....
Back then, they were kicking out 260bhp with sequential transmissions.... so the recipe was already there....

So with a bit of flashy faffing..... you get a fast tractor. Hardly the remit for an ex truck mechanic...

Think you'll be upsetting somebody  Big Grin
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

When I saw it was the 'Fastest Tractor' I was interested to see just what he could do with a GS - I was misled  Laugh

True, this wasn't his most hands-on programme to date, and the journey of making it lighter, more powerful and more aerodynamic was hardly groundbreaking - still worth a watch overall though.

6 out of 10
I am Spartacus 
You could almost get a mild disgust from me with that comment about a GS.

Kev has previously mentioned he’d like a tractor for his shed.... quite worrying.

(20-11-2019, 07:19 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Kev has previously mentioned he’d like a tractor for his shed.... quite worrying.

He's going to need a bigger shed!

Or a little tractor Wink
I am Spartacus 
I thought Guy was exceptional Heart
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
More tissues required for Kev:

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-...eat-escape
I am Spartacus 
He really is on the gravy train now...

Time to get back in the workshop and earn a real living.... work shy TV celeb....

To be fair he's probably not on as much as these presenters that don't do anything, good on the guy I say Cool
(03-12-2019, 11:51 PM)DrMarten Wrote: He really is on the gravy train now...

Time to get back in the workshop and earn a real living.... work shy TV celeb....

But this is what pays for the workshop!
I am Spartacus 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Challenge Man C Rider 5 207 28-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Guy Martin is in deep doo doo..... DrMarten 17 492 20-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  2019 Bucket list challenge. lbk 40 1,297 22-11-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Speed awareness course. lbk 12 734 02-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Last Post: anthony1664