Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro 5...
Interesting ditty here, it’s not legislation but a possible consequence of it....

It seems manufacturers are having a hard time making engines compliant with Euro 5, the way forward from the European’s is to increase capacity of engines.... seems totally illogical at first! But it does offset the constraints laid on the engine....
Direct injection is the preferred way to go from those based in the EU.

Japan also favours increased engine size but with compression... ie turbocharging or supercharging....

To the point....
They are finding it virtually impossible to make 125’s compliant.... now then, where does that take the bike industry......

I’m not fully anti EU... for so long, vehicles have been over polluting and nothing was done to stop it. Now look at the bonkers and crackers effect in London....LEZ and it’s other acronym derivatives.... 

Bikes are charged to enter... WTF... they pollute far less than cars... take up far less space and get VED far higher in proportion than a bloody car.

So then, are our political masters carrying out the annihilation of the motorcycle and it’s followers?

By stealth, the EU seem to have this well and truly stitched up. 

I’m saving a space in my lounge for the last motorcycle to be made, and I’m damn sure it will be in my lifetime and yours if these wankers have anything more to do with it.

If they can’t low capacity bikes through EU regs they’ll stop bringing them in, but they’ll still make them for the Asian market, for now.  

I too believe motorcycles will eventually disappear from the roads, oh well better enjoy it while you can
I am Spartacus 
Rumour is this is why the Triumph Tiger 800 is going up in capacity to 900cc (ish), more torque, fewer revs = same power out, but fewer fuel cycles = lower emissions, or something like that Big Grin
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
You can see it now....

2021 125.... turbo supercharged, 5 valve, direct injection, flappy paddle automatic...

225kgs....

(21-10-2019, 05:13 PM)DrMarten Wrote: You can see it now....

2021 125.... turbo supercharged, 5 valve, direct injection, flappy paddle automatic...

225kgs....

Laugh Laugh
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Nothing beats firing up my 23 year old bike and just taking in that smell Cool
Exactly.....!

I really don’t believe it’s us causing this sudden paranoia about climate change....

Planet Earth has morphed with weather patterns and geological changes from day 1.

There may be a link with modern day pollution, but I’d say it’s something to do with high flying aircraft pouring thousands of tons of hydrocarbons into the upper atmosphere than what occurs down at ground level.

Keep on firing up the beast Sparks...

There definitely is a link Doc, not really a sudden paranoia, I remember the issue being talked about in the 70's and it's that the rate of change is accelerating much more than past times.

As for comparisons between out bikes and jet aircraft ……… every little helps Rolleyes
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
I do believe - we have fooked our planet up. Just saying!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro 4 emissions... or Euro 3?? DrMarten 12 1,272 05-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: lbk