Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Motogymkhana Hornet
Here you go, my Motogymkhana bike for next year:

2000 Honda CB600FS Hornet

Scruffy, scuffed and tatty, but sound and cheap! Will take some better pics when I pull it for a clean before dismantling starts, but here are a few snaps:

[Image: Hornet-1.jpg]

[Image: Hornet-2.jpg]

[Image: Hornet-3.jpg]

[Image: Hornet-4.jpg]
I am Spartacus 
Jobs to do:

Suspension refresh and stiffen up - it's a bit soggy. YSS shock coming. Forks to be serviced with stiffer springs, thicker oil and cartridge emulators to help with rebound

Brake refresh - new EBC HH pads and braided lines should do it

Renthal bars - a bit wider = a bit more leverage

New lockset - got supplied with 1 bent key, which works for now... Ying Tong Chinaman is sending me a full set

And a wash
I am Spartacus 
Perfect bike for that Lee. What’s happening to your CRF ?
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(15-10-2019, 02:29 PM)lbk Wrote: Perfect bike for that Lee. What’s happening to your CRF ?

Was going to put some knobblies on and hurt myself on a muddy hillside with you, unless you've changed your mind?
I am Spartacus 
Oh wow.... spanner time....

(15-10-2019, 03:52 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Oh wow.... spanner time....

Yeah but nothing too horrific - getting someone else to do the forks but otherwise it's fairly straightforward.
I am Spartacus 
Is it easier to get a lockset rather than new keys?
(16-10-2019, 04:04 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: Is it easier to get a lockset rather than new keys?

With only a bent key to cut from, I think so.
I am Spartacus 
Made a bit of progress last night...

Forks out, ready to drop off for sorting. Front brake lines removed. Caliper cleaning to do Confused

[Image: Hornet-NoForks.jpg]
I am Spartacus 
Fork in’ ‘ell.....

(15-10-2019, 03:51 PM)Ledwardio Wrote:
(15-10-2019, 02:29 PM)lbk Wrote: Perfect bike for that Lee. What’s happening to your CRF ?

Was going to put some knobblies on and hurt myself on a muddy hillside with you, unless you've changed your mind?

Nope! That was our original plan mate, so that’s what we shall be doing.
(18-10-2019, 10:42 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: Made a bit of progress last night...

Forks out, ready to drop off for sorting. Front brake lines removed. Caliper cleaning to do  Confused

[Image: Hornet-NoForks.jpg]

O yes! Mans work that Lee. Excellent!
Angry  looks like I'm going to have to drill something out - why is there always something that grips like fuck and turns to cheese before you realise  Sad
I am Spartacus 
You don’t have much luck with nuts and bolts...

I do always seem to find one that fights back. It’s probably quite healthy because it discourages me from attempting any kind of restoration job like your BSA
I am Spartacus 
He who dares wins my son.
Soak in a good penetrating fluid, if all fails, get some serious heat on it.

(22-10-2019, 04:52 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Soak in a good penetrating fluid, if all fails, get some serious heat on it.

Already done and done. 

It’s a plug on the rear calliper that covers access to the pin. Even if i made a tidy job of drilling it out it’s about £5 for a new plug, so I’m not going to bother and have bought another calliper which has been rebuilt and refurbished with new seals and everything for only £20.
I am Spartacus 
(22-10-2019, 10:05 PM)Ledwardio Wrote:
(22-10-2019, 04:52 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Soak in a good penetrating fluid, if all fails, get some serious heat on it.

Already done and done. 

It’s a plug on the rear calliper that covers access to the pin. Even if i made a tidy job of drilling it out it’s about £5 for a new plug, so I’m not going to bother and have bought another calliper which has been rebuilt and refurbished with new seals and everything for only £20.

Smart thinking old chap. That’s bloody cheap though mate. Sounds excellent value.
Well.... can’t argue with the logic!

The old one will make a good ornament... clean it, Mount it on a piece of shitty old wood.... wear a flat cap and flog it for £200 sheets as Ole ‘Enry would Laugh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Petrol Scooter MarkW7 17 1,969 08-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Project, operation Cagiva - we have the technology to rebuild her. lbk 38 4,791 25-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Last Post: lbk
  Project time lbk 25 3,477 21-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Tim Ryan