Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Suzuki Katana...
Looks like the return of the Katana has taken the edge off the image, blunted by a lacklustre design and finish, plus, it was the rather dull GSX1000S originally, a detuned ‘07 GSX1000R engine.

See.... those references to a shagged sword.... No? Rolleyes

Anyways, I had a set of keys for one dangled in front of my snout, yet again last weekend and I turned tail and walked off....

For those of us who remember the original Katana’s of the early 80’s... yeah, you young pups.... last century Tongue get that one out of the way.... The Katana was a revelation in design.... it still had the age old GS motor in.... but the styling was from another century....

Wind forward to this century, it’s the same old recipe again...an ancient old engine but in an existing frame with a new set of panels.....

What in God’s name were Suzuki thinking..... the GSX1000S was a nail... and then they have the audacity to launch it as a completely new bike....

I’m reliably informed that no one, so far has taken the test bike out.....

What has happened to the mighty Katana? Suzuki should’ve taken a leaf from Kawasaki’s book...if you are going to resurrect the King... do it right. The Z9 is an absolute peach of a retro.... sadly the Katana is an absolute turd.

Never been a fan of Suzuki! The one for me was the Gixer 750. Other than that! Never been for me.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
I visually prefer the Katana to the odd-looking GSX1000S, but without a pop-up headlight it's not a real Katana to me   Dodgy

I'm surprised it's not having a bit more success than you infer Doc, though the retro market is pretty saturated at the mo and I'm not sure it's special enough to stand out.
I am Spartacus 
That’s the artist in you!

The pop up headlight Katana is the phase 2 from the late 80’s.... shows our age gap Big Grin

The real man’s Katana... Tongue is a hairy chest beast from 1980...

(18-09-2019, 01:55 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: I visually prefer the Katana to the odd-looking GSX1000S, but without a pop-up headlight it's not a real Katana to me   Dodgy

I'm surprised it's not having a bit more success than you infer Doc, though the retro market is pretty saturated at the mo and I'm not sure it's special enough to stand out.

Feck me! Check out Andy Warhol.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Philistines!!
I am Spartacus 
Laugh Laugh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suzuki Katana Ledwardio 3 229 04-10-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: DrMarten