Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunny Browsing
I have been pondering getting a bike, but something in the £1500-2500 bracket, maybe quirky, something previously fancied or just revisiting an old acquaintance. I’ve been doing some eBay browsing whilst overheating here in Rhodes so have a few candidates, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts or maybe suggestions:

VFR800FI - a bit of a safe one this but I always enjoyed my FI and expected to have another at some point. 
TRX850 - a bit different 
VTR1000 Firestorm - as above
ZX7R (6R or 9R too) - I liked my old 7R but I do wonder about fitting my current body on one 
ZZR1100 - power and that

I could go on...
I am Spartacus 
What is it you want for Lee? I mean...do you want it to restore, Sunday morning pootle, do you want power and speed or gentle touring. You generally want a bike for a specific reason. Don’t get rid of your CRF. We’re going green laning with those Badboy’s.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Just kinda for a pootle really, sling a leg over something different. Don’t mind a little bit of work if needed but don’t really have time for a(nother) project. Something low mileage and in good nick shouldn’t depreciate much either - might even go the other way. 

Don’t worry I haven’t forgot about the CRF plans  Wink
I am Spartacus 
You not got enough bikes?
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Why don’t you have a word with Seth (Pete). 70’s/80’s Retro Jap possibly. You get the right bike from that era. It’s money in the bank, whilst having fun on something whilst accumulating a decent return on your money. Think about it! Makes perfect sense.
(31-08-2019, 06:54 PM)Badboybez Wrote: You not got enough bikes?

Wash your mouth out! You can never have enough bikes.
Greed Laugh

In Madness You Dwell

(31-08-2019, 07:35 PM)lbk Wrote: Why don’t you have a word with Seth (Pete). 70’s/80’s Retro Jap possibly. You get the right bike from that era. It’s money in the bank, whilst having fun on something whilst accumulating a decent return on your money. Think about it! Makes perfect sense.

I think for my money it would only buy a project sadly. Some 90s stuff is touted to rise in value so that’s worth keeping an eye on - the ZZR1100 I’ve seen is a spotless 98 model with 6k miles for £2k
I am Spartacus 
(31-08-2019, 07:36 PM)lbk Wrote:
(31-08-2019, 06:54 PM)Badboybez Wrote: You not got enough bikes?

Wash your mouth out! You can never have enough bikes.

Yeah, what he said
I am Spartacus 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-r1/143...SwETNdYlxp

Would this Tickle your quim Lee. A nice little investment further down the line.
Up and coming future classics. Suzuki GSX 1100 and my personal favourite Kawasaki ZX-7R.
I would quite like an early R1, but they’ve already started going up in value and something smells off about that one. 

GSX1100 can’t be had for less than 5k

ZX7R is a possible, seen a few tidy ones online
I am Spartacus 
Bet most R1s have been ragged to an inch of their lives

In Madness You Dwell

True! But a bit of time, effort and tinkering, you could make it a minter. As long as your in no rush. They’ll be worth a packet in a few years. They’ll be like old fords in a few years. If I the room....oof!!!!
Me?

I’d be looking for the original Fazer 1000 or CB1300 both hugely capable all rounders, with the added benefit you won’t need a gym membership as you’ll get a good workout moving and riding them.

The GSX14 is impractical, bigger still and as thirsty as a car...

ZRX 12 is sublime, but some now are £8-9k

What I’m looking at now is a bike from each decade.... seeing how we have progressed. The 70’s is full of promise and surprise....

Wouldn’t mind one if the first Gold Wings. Relatively cheap.

In Madness You Dwell

(01-09-2019, 08:31 AM)Badboybez Wrote: Wouldn’t mind one if the first Gold Wings. Relatively cheap.

Will Kev be disgusted at that?
I am Spartacus 
(01-09-2019, 07:42 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Me?

I’d be looking for the original Fazer 1000 or CB1300 both hugely capable all rounders, with the added benefit you won’t need a gym membership as you’ll get a good workout moving and riding them.

The GSX14 is impractical, bigger still and as thirsty as a car...

ZRX 12 is sublime, but some now are £8-9k

What I’m looking at now is a bike from each decade.... seeing how we have progressed. The 70’s is full of promise and surprise....

Interesting options Doc
I am Spartacus 
(01-09-2019, 09:31 AM)Ledwardio Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:31 AM)Badboybez Wrote: Wouldn’t mind one if the first Gold Wings. Relatively cheap.

Will Kev be disgusted at that?

Aye thats my mission.....however they didn't look like the monstrosities they are now.

[Image: goldwing3.jpg]

In Madness You Dwell

There’s a ‘79 on autotrader now for sub £4k