Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhausting
The GPR can on my KTM has gone decidedly flaky and it offends my eyes so when I got the option of a decent used Scorpion can I thought I'd change it.

It was a snug fit with the pannier racks but it's in there and it doesn't touch. Just given it its first test run to work and its pretty noisy, I was surprised with it being bigger than the GPR I thought it would dampen the sound more. Lots more popping on the over-run too  Angel  

Just thought I'd share...

[Image: 1190Exhaust-FlakyGPR.jpg]

[Image: 1190Exhaust-Scorpion.jpg]

[Image: 1190Exhaust-Scorpion-Tight.jpg]
I am Spartacus 
Looks tidy on the Katie M, I'm not bothering with the new Tiger 800 as the stock one is actually about the same size and fruitiness as the Scorpion, I do like their carbon versions mind Big Grin
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
That scorpion sticker has to come off for me. Looks a tidy bit of kit TBF. How come the paints come off. Can you not get it done under warranty?
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(08-08-2019, 01:38 PM)lbk Wrote: That scorpion sticker has to come off for me. Looks a tidy bit of kit TBF. How come the paints come off. Can you not get it done under warranty?

I doubt the sticker would come off without damage.

The weather has just crept under the paint on the endcap, I noticed the texture change and then the next time I cleaned the bike the paint just started to come away in lumps. It's 3 years old, far beyond any guarantee from GPR.
I am Spartacus 
(08-08-2019, 12:59 PM)Dilbert Wrote: Looks tidy on the Katie M, I'm not bothering with the new Tiger 800 as the stock one is actually about the same size and fruitiness as the Scorpion, I do like their carbon versions mind Big Grin

There's a fair bit of weight difference from the rather large KTM can. I'd have probably preferred a dark colour but you take what you can in the secondhand game.
I am Spartacus 
Nice piece of kit....

I’d have rubbed it and give it a blast with Barbecue spray. You may mock, but it works.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(08-08-2019, 01:38 PM)lbk Wrote: That scorpion sticker has to come off for me. Looks a tidy bit of kit TBF. How come the paints come off. Can you not get it done under warranty?

Easy ticket from Plod if you take the manufacturer's nameplate off, especially if they're looking for something to do you for Confused
(12-08-2019, 12:10 PM)Dilbert Wrote: Easy ticket from Plod if you take the manufacturer's nameplate off, especially if they're looking for something to do you for Confused

That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard Laugh
I am Spartacus 
TBF... and I do speak from a little experience...

If you try to be a smart ass with the cops, one of two things generally happen. Either a FPN or being reported for summons is the general norm.

Noisy cans... excessively noisy OR riding your bike in a manner to make it noisy... ie thrashing it and you are begging for attention.

Only yesterday, going through Bala... 2 lads one on a GS the other a Tiger both overtook the car in front of me riding like a pair of cunts. Wrong side of the road, hugely exaggerated manoeuvre, bags of throttle and noise. ( So, everyone at that moment are using two primary sensors.... sight and hearing, right? ) But what they did was to trigger both my and two other motorists OH FUCK sensors.... 

Both overtook on a blind Left and Right bends. Both obviously unfamiliar with the road...and how the car which they didn’t see, actually avoided hitting them, fuck only knows. 

What did make me laugh, both cars had dash cams, both were local cars... probably these do gooders.....and will email this into the police.

Noisy cans? Only attract trouble.... first thing the witness statement will probably say... The noise was horrendous, obviously going way too fast.... in effect, they weren’t.. just making lots of noise and acting like a pair of tools... my guess...they’d be a pair of Health and Safety managers sneaking the day off.

If you want to piss off car drivers and get their attention.....

This works.... buy yourself a 2 stroke!

Noisy.... but especially smelly  Big Grin

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than filtering upto a car who’s driver has the windows wound down....then it starts filling the car with blue 2 stroke smoke.... heaven!

For some reason, the windows go up and this feint choking and coughing can be heard. Now, that gets their attention, with the added benefit they can’t drive until the air con and recirculating has begun to work.... 

Just remember that old Bananarama song... It ain’t what you do, it’s the way you do it.

Maybe, Lee, but I have heard of people being pulled for it when they're trying to find something, they're usually happy if it's not marked "Not for Road Use" and/ or has the BSAU stamp on it, but what's the point inviting an issue ?

Still never mind, make the most of it while you can, come Euro 5 you won't be able to modify anything Confused
(13-08-2019, 12:24 PM)Dilbert Wrote: Maybe, Lee, but I have heard of people being pulled for it when they're trying to find something, they're usually happy if it's not marked "Not for Road Use" and/ or has the BSAU stamp on it, but what's the point inviting an issue ?

Still never mind, make the most of it while you can, come Euro 5 you won't be able to modify anything Confused

Do hear what you are saying... there are cocks on both sides!

You better quickly get an aftermarket exhaust on your Tiger then, look - it doesn't say Triumph on it!! Disgusting!!

[Image: 00a6c10cb49b7cb04784753275d572eb.jpg]

FFS Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Dilbert de-badged his because he's hard mate
That's because it's not aftermarket Rolleyes

Besides, mine's black and too dirty to find any labels Big Grin
(15-08-2019, 12:29 PM)Dilbert Wrote: That's because it's not aftermarket Rolleyes

And of course a copper would know that? No, because it makes no difference Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Yes he would, because it hasn't got a sticker on it Big Grin Tongue