Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That’s Ford gone!
Sad news - gone by September 2020.

So with Honda pulling out from 2021 and Nissan not building new marques think that’s the final nail in the coffin for the British motor industry
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Very sad for me being an ex Ford employee.

The 80’s were halcyonic days there... limitless budgets and endless potential. But the early 90’s saw the end of Motorsport, heavy trucks, farm machinery.

Sadly, my last Ford summarised the company. The car was a shadow of the last one I had, poorly finished, unreliable .....

The EcoBoost engine has been a global disaster despite it being a fantastic engine, rushed into production before the bugs have been ironed out.

The closure of Bridgend, where the new Dragon engine is produced tells a story. Nothing to do with Brexit.... it’s the cost to produce the engine.... China is where the production is going. But it’s another twist.... China and the Asiatics have now target for emissions... so the petrol engine is still welcome.
With Europe pushing for electric cars, it’s only natural to move production to where the product is required.

I’m pretty sure that the car industry is about to morph into several mergers, I’ll put a cheeky £5 on Ford and VW merging...
Vauxhall to vanish.
Fiat/Chrysler are looking to join Renault

We will have to see what the next 5 years bring.

I wouldn't mind a Ranger
The new Ranger in auto is a nice place to be.....

Drinks more than a thirsty camel though.

It’s all going electric anyways. I wouldn’t worry to much. We’re all fooked either way.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
the list of former manufacturers is certainly a lot longer than the list of current ones, might have to lower my standards and nip over to Crewe for a Benters Confused

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ca...ed_Kingdom
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Isn’t Bentley seen as a higher quality product than a Roller...?

(10-06-2019, 04:10 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Isn’t Bentley seen as a higher quality product than a Roller...?

Yeah, yeah, but they're made in Crewe Big Grin
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Local...!

All for that.

(08-06-2019, 09:00 AM)DrMarten Wrote: The new Ranger in auto is a nice place to be.....

Drinks more than a thirsty camel though.

Heard the new engines are getting 40 odd MPG on the Rangers
(12-06-2019, 12:42 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: Heard the new engines are getting 40 odd MPG on the Rangers

Downhill in neutral maybe Laugh

Someone I know who has one said 25 was typical
I am Spartacus 
The 3.2 diesel is a great unit.... but, you’d swear there’s a bike in the tank.

Having said that, my Transporter is now starting to improve on mpg... loosening up at 50k, it’s just about getting 40mpg on a run..

36mpg out of my Ford Custom which beat the two seat Renault fart at 32mpg and is only 9mpg down on the bike !
My real name is Dave 
Looks like Nissan is on skid row, makes you wonder if Renault fucked them over....

There’s certainly some fall out from the dodgy Chairman, don’t know if Renault have hung them out to dry too. They appear to me to sell well as they’re everywhere on the roads but the news is that they are struggling with sales and in a profit nosedive.
I am Spartacus 
Quality fucked Nissan when Renault came in
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

They did too. Used to be made to last. That’s why our Asian brothers had them.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.