Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Mondial 2 piece suit.
Finally got my ass into gear.... quite literally.

Had my eye on this suit for a while, launched to rave reviews just over 6 months ago, the reviews are still 100%.

What attracted me to it, is it’s a laminate construction... very light, thin, yet warm and dry. Qualities you expect from prestige brands costing 2, 3 or 4 times the cost of the Oxford product. Sure, the proof will be in the pudding....

My criteria.... 1. Don’t like bulky clothing... 2. Has to be warm... wether it’s waterproof is irrelevant ! I’m a dog... won’t go out in the rain. So even if it wasn’t 100% waterproof... it wouldn’t bother me at all. But the amazing fact is... it is!
A suit costing less than £400, has been consistently delivering 100% waterproof is amazing. In a recent test, a 3 hour ride in torrential rain resulted in zero dampness... 

The material is a modified copy of GoreTex...but lighter. With a removable liner, the clothing turns into a  summer suit with air pockets....

Of course.... only time will tell. Oxford have put a lot of research into their latest range...so will have to see if it’s a winner or...a wash out.

A 3-hour ride in torrential rain? When did you do this Doc, 1980s?  Laugh  Wink

Good to hear you are liking the Oxford kit. 

I need to replace my textiles soon as they are starting to fall apart. Waterproofing is important so Goretex is desired, but fuck me it’s hard to find a balance between cost and spec, not to mention the lack of reviews that are not just repeats of the marketing blurb, and then trying to find stock to try on for size, which is necessary as all the manufacturers just randomly interpret fitting sizes - so frustrating. My search continues, which is just as well as I can’t afford any anyway  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Me ? 3 hours on a bike ? Laugh

Not in a million.....

I read all the typical bike press reviews at the time.... all the same, almost word for word by the journo’s.... must’ve all sat in the same room and copied each other’s homework. And possibly hanging around for the proverbial brown envelope being thrown their way Rolleyes

Watched a few vloggers, they can be as bad as journo’s.... but they react to negative comments on the web.... and viewing numbers.

Their critiques were more balanced... plus they were wearing them rather than the journo sat at his desk having read the sales blurb.

Obviously..... it won’t get used just now... bike is still packed away and as the weather is neither warm or dry....

Youtube bloggers are your best source of research and information, these days.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(27-05-2019, 10:01 AM)lbk Wrote: Youtube bloggers are your best source of research and information, these days.

Not if they get paid by the company to stick up glowing reviews!
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Started looking at Halvarssons gear. As Doc mentioned before they seem to get glowing reviews from all quarters and are nowhere near the ticket price of other brands.

Reckon I'll do some trying on when we are back from Germany.
I am Spartacus 
Yes indeed. 

I bought some Halvarssons gloves and neck warmers.... 

Fantastic quality and although the price is a little salty, you pay ya money etc...

I couldn’t justify a Halvarssons suit for the little amount of riding I do these days...so a compromise was sought.

It seems a bargain when I've been looking at Klim and Rukka etc  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
I've got a Halvarrson jacket, great bit of kit in my humble.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Here’s an apology....

I got the kit on Saturday, and although I’ve not tried it yet on said motorcycle.... I’ve tried it in the shop.

Two things immediately came to mind.

1. How light the jacket and pants are...

2. The ease at which they are to get into, no obtrusive armour.

The trousers come with a bib and brace zip on attachment... if you like that sort of thing, if you don’t, in zip it.

Absolute bargain.

I suppose bibs become standard at a certain age
Definitely! Ask Kev.....

Whoa whoa whoa! On the thinnest of thin ice there ladies. Just a warning.
I started looking at Halvarssons, then stopped when I got to the pricing, all the suits worked out at either £800, or £900, I'm more an Alpinestars/ Oxford Frank/ Thomas kinda guy, I've got a Richa lightweight "waterproof" jacket that uses "leaks like a sieve" technology and a Weise winter jacket that I bought for £70 SH off a forum Big Grin

This is what the paramedics cut off me, it had been working fine until they shredded it with their shears, the armour definitely works Blush
https://www.bargainbikerbrands.com/berin...acket.html
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
A friend of mine who got the Same Oxford kit as me has said 2 hours of torrential rain resulted in being bone dry....

So far so good...

Just an update.

As it’s getting rather chilly now, can only report I’m nice and cosy in said gear. Had to pop out on Saturday evening. Was out only 30 mins, but at my age, being a vulnerable old codger...30 mins is long enough to get frozen stiff.

That was on a bike without a fairing or heated bars and seat BTW....before you lot start....

So not for walking round Tesco then?  Big Grin
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(17-09-2019, 07:25 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Just an update.

As it’s getting rather chilly now, can only report I’m nice and cosy in said gear. Had to pop out on Saturday evening. Was out only 30 mins, but at my age, being a vulnerable old codger...30 mins is long enough to get frozen stiff.

That was on a bike without a fairing or heated bars and seat BTW....before you lot start....

I would never call you vulnerable.
You would, and you do Tongue

O yeah!  Laugh