Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RTTW 2019 5th October 2019
Registration opens Friday 26th April @1900hrs.

https://www.rttw.org/index.php
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

My God - that’s come round quick.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Booked today. Remember Mancriders are in the club drop down list on checkout 
Just Out-Running The Reaper......and I mean Just
Not for me chaps.

My dad was in WW2, never spoke about it...

You did hear about the Good Times.... and the indifferent, but never the bad. 

He did the North Africa then Italian campaigns.

The bizarre thing was all the friends and family returned from the war, bar one who was a submariner.

The other fact about this group, none would tell you directly what they did or their experiences.... it came from another in the group, so... in the end I did hear of what happened to my dad.

So, not for me. It came to a head whilst clearing their house, finding medals and badges hidden away.... 
I’ll have a dig around into his part in seeing off old Adolf and Musso....when the time is right.

I’m guessing there’s a wealth of ‘Forces history surround just out little group.

Yep, my brother was a Marine before he died and I still meet his best mate at RTTW each year. Only for 30 mins, but its good for me.
Just Out-Running The Reaper......and I mean Just
hi gents is anyone going to the RTTW , this year.. thinking of going has its fell on a work free weekend this year...
" i'll get my coat... "
(28-04-2019, 08:17 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Not for me chaps.

My dad was in WW2, never spoke about it...

You did hear about the Good Times.... and the indifferent, but never the bad. 

He did the North Africa then Italian campaigns.

The bizarre thing was all the friends and family returned from the war, bar one who was a submariner.

The other fact about this group, none would tell you directly what they did or their experiences.... it came from another in the group, so... in the end I did hear of what happened to my dad.

So, not for me. It came to a head whilst clearing their house, finding medals and badges hidden away.... 
I’ll have a dig around into his part in seeing off old Adolf and Musso....when the time is right.

I’m guessing there’s a wealth of ‘Forces history surround just out little group.

Father-in-law was a Desert Rat in N.Africa and on to Italy, back from Italy a fortnight, or so and then on to Normandy, my dad was just too young, did National Service in Austria around 1950, my mum's side had a few Paras, Navy, Merchant Navy and one in Burma alongside the Gurkha.
Same story as Doc, we only found out what the Father-in-Law had been up to from a bit of research by me and one of his granddaughters "interviewing" him for a school project about 5-6 years ago !
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Anybody going on Saturday?
Not me - final round of Motogymkhana on Saturday
I am Spartacus 
(03-10-2019, 08:30 PM)lbk Wrote: Anybody going on Saturday?

you going kev .what time you leaving
" i'll get my coat... "
Not going Shaun. Nobody is bothering this year pal. Was you thinking of going?
(05-10-2019, 06:02 AM)lbk Wrote: Not going Shaun. Nobody is bothering this year pal. Was you thinking of going?

no worries brother, no did not go myself either in the end , spent the day fettling the old girl .
" i'll get my coat... "

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stonehenge Saturday 20th July 2019 lbk 38 864 19-07-2019, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Ledwardio
  2019 Germany Ledwardio 49 1,733 10-06-2019, 10:30 PM
Last Post: anthony1664
  MANCRIDERS EURO JUNE 2019 Badboybez 154 5,030 19-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Last Post: lbk
  First ride of 2019.... DrMarten 18 609 26-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Buffalo