Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads-up M6
So the Smart motorway is completed from J16-J19 and it appears that the 50mph average cameras, bright yellow on tall posts, recently increased to 70mph have all been taken down ………………. except for one NB and one SB just south of Knutsford services on the J18-J19 stretch, so keep to the limit through those, don't know about further south.

They're mounted on lower level platforms, NB is fairly easy to spot, SB is slightly obscured, but there are several more empty platforms dotted about that will probably have cameras fitted at some point.
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
All these dammed “smart” cashpoint motorways will end up taking income all day 70mph will be a country wide enforced affair and numb fucks will slam on at every gantry or hint of a camera even those doing under the limit ..... standby for lots of slam on accidents !!!
My real name is Dave 
Spot on Dave. Seen them do it Confused
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
I’ve been down the M1 stretch a few times and it does seem to have stopped the 100mph heroes from flying down and the traffic seems steadier, though you do get some who speed up then slow back down for the cameras. 

Got to say though that cruise control is a must have for me now or I’d easily creep up, not looking forward to going down these stretches on the bike as speed can fluctuate really easily - best to stick to twisty roads.
I am Spartacus 
I use the M6/M54 part often, and as Lee says, it does calm traffic and maintain a good steady flow.

Previously the stop start or just being sat around was the worst. Don’t mind the 40mph crawl as it’s better than going no where.

Gone are the days of flat out indulgence as the motorways are nothing like they were in the 80’s....

I think it’s a good thing.
Basically the same as around J10 M6, seems to work Ok there and certainly calms things down Cool

Speaking of which, on Sunday there were two lanes closed NB over Thelwall, an RTC followed by a fist fight in lanes 3&4 between the two drivers, welcome to Warrington Big Grin
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
We operate sections of the M6 and M25 smart motorway system, I was asking them last year about the flow of traffic and speeding, the control room said the number of vehicles moving has greatly increased, they said the speed cameras were not overly forgiving stay inside the speed shown. 

I asked why they don’t up the speed to say 80 or 90 when conditions and traffic volume allow, they agreed plenty of times it could be increased but at the moment it’s still 70 shame they don’t allow a more pragmatic approach
Hope not Hate 
Must be a reason why they will not up the speed limit. Fuck knows why - but there must be a reason.
There was a bill to up the speed to 80mph and all these none appointed safety campaigners were in uproar about it.... Got squashed.