Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MoT Time
First MoT for the Orange One this morning (the KTM, not Glenn):

My heart sank when the tester said "you've put bathroom lights in! These LEDs don't have the proper beam pattern"

"Oh, does that mean a fail?" I asked

"Nah, we'll just pretend you've gone home, put the standard ones in and come back" 

This is why I keep going back to the same place  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Yep always stick to the same place for mine - take in some biscuits put the world to rights - does it for cash and never have any issues.

You put the KTM lights in the bathroom instead? Laugh
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Good practice, keep em sweet!

I went to the same guy for years. Feckers gone and sold out to our Asian brothers. Found a new guy, that I’ll be giving a whirl for MOT’S and servicing/ repairs. I’ll let you know how it goes.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Servicing and repairs? Wash your mouth out....

For the Beamer only!
OK! Off the hook then! Big Grin

Mine's due next month, where should I take it lads?
(12-04-2019, 09:58 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: First MoT for the Orange One this morning (the KTM, not Glenn):

My heart sank when the tester said "you've put bathroom lights in! These LEDs don't have the proper beam pattern"

"Oh, does that mean a fail?" I asked

"Nah, we'll just pretend you've gone home, put the standard ones in and come back" 

This is why I keep going back to the same place  Laugh

I thought them pricy things you had put in which I bought too were meant to be the ace deal !
My real name is Dave 
(14-04-2019, 08:13 PM)anthony1664 Wrote: I thought them pricy things you had put in which I bought too were meant to be the ace deal !

I did think the LEDs were MoT friendly, but apparently not. At least they are bright and reliable.
I am Spartacus 
(14-04-2019, 07:11 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: Mine's due next month, where should I take it lads?

Check with Kevlar...if they are still there...

But B&C 198-200 Oldham Road, Ancoats we’re always a fair and reliable test station.

(14-04-2019, 08:24 PM)Ledwardio Wrote:
(14-04-2019, 08:13 PM)anthony1664 Wrote: I thought them pricy things you had put in which I bought too were meant to be the ace deal !

I did think the LEDs were MoT friendly, but apparently not. At least they are bright and reliable.

Me too .... I will go to biscuit man in Salford pretty sure he goes ... yep it’s got two wheels.... yep looks like it’s in decent fettle .... yep that will do call it £25 for cash !  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
I’m go to a guy in Hurst cross A-U-L. He’s a fair guy TBF.
Depends where you live Sparky, tbh, most testers are fair.

Bikes are divided into mot classes as cars are due to age, I’ve forgotten what they test exactly now.

But my dads old BSA is now mot and tax exempt... but I’d doubt it would make it there in any case Laugh

The Kawasaki being 35, is a basic test... of it gets there it passes etc, but it did fail last time!

These new bikes will have to have ABS and emissions tested and that’s where it will get more hassle and expense.

(15-04-2019, 08:11 AM)DrMarten Wrote: These new bikes will have to have ABS and emissions tested and that’s where it will get more hassle and expense.

None of that was tested on mine so I reckon Sparky's 90s Triumph will be ok
I am Spartacus 
There was a 125 having its first MOT on Saturday.... it failed! Ineffective exhaust... too loud...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheeky Monkey time! lbk 25 2,359 20-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Last Post: DrMarten
  MOT time lbk 12 1,535 28-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Last Post: anthony1664
  Project time lbk 25 3,328 21-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Tim Ryan
  Is this a waste of police time? lbk 20 1,963 24-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Guest