Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambrian Mountains.
Cambrian Mountains One for the CRF’S Ledwankio. This looks a perfect place for us. 
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cambri...n-GB&gl=uk

Just watched ole Enry do it. Looks ideal.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Yes lots of off-road in Wales mate
I am Spartacus 
Apparently - this is the place to go. Miles of it to go at.
Remember me posting up a bike trail recently in mid wales?

Ledwankio will, as I had to delve a bit deeper into it for him...well.... that’s close by.

All my time wasted posting this up and you start a new thread Rolleyes

Laugh Laugh  

Now I’ve found this Laugh it’s definitely on my hit list. You’d better get some knobbliest ordered Ledwankio. Cool
Righty ho.....

Here is a simple locals’ guide to remote riding it the hills and valleys...

Let someone responsible  Rolleyes know you are out there! Give them a map of your intended route and stick to it!

Mobile phones.... don’t think these things work in Wales! They don’t. Ensure you are on separate networks....if necessary, buy a PAYG SIM....

A comprehensive first aid kit... not just plasters and TCP.... if you suffer a minor injury, the ambulance or ambwlans.... simply won’t or can’t get to you.... and you’ll look a right twat having the Coastguard lift you out of there....for a minor cut...

Tool kit....goes without saying! Do your homework on what you need to change an inner tube or fix a snapped chain.

Don’t underestimate the size and remoteness of Wales.... and check the weather, check it properly.... it can change rapidly and cause you severe problems....

I know, you’ll all say.... We know! We are prepared.... but, we read it in the local rag....

This doesn’t cover what you may need....

Food and drink....

Take 3 times more than you expect.... obviously not a 3 course dinner...

Fruit is good... it’s brilliant at being biodegradable ....

Small energy drinks, energy bars and water...

Like I say... all obvious...

I think Kevlar and Ledwankio have the keys to some motorbikes and a sense of adventure, will that suffice for them?
Good call Doc! I really want to explore around that area tbh. Looks fantastic.
(13-04-2019, 04:25 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: I think Kevlar and Ledwankio have the keys to some motorbikes and a sense of adventure, will that suffice for them?

I’d love to think so!

However.... I hear this from the seasoned off roaders. 

One of whom rode 5ish miles back to civilisation with....a fractured wrist on the back of a bike.

The lads put a splint on with twigs and gaffa tape...

Don't underestimate how you'll get your eyesockets bummed if you break down in Wales too, bunch of social misfits.... How the feck can Ysbity spell hospital, it's got the same first and last letters.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Oh and before you pull me for it being spelt wrong.... Fucking right it is. They just chucked a fistfull of scrabble tiles up in the air and used the letters that were face up.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
What I find strange Dafydd, is that you’ve written as it’s pronounced ..... Dodgy

We both know, you have in depth knowledge of the Welsh language.... that way, you can chew the fat with the locals and they won’t call you English, and leave you to sort your problems all alone!