Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesson learnt!
1st lesson learnt. Don’t put slime in your tyres, if you’ve got tyre sensors. The sensors don’t like it and it’s going to cost you. 

2 nd lesson learnt.......Don’t by second hand electronics. They never work properly. The back sensor battery is to weak so it can’t be programmed up. It’s going to cost you. 

I took a chance and got my fingers burnt  Confused I’ve had to order a new back one and get it fitted again. £180. What a twat!

Lesson learnt! Should have just got it all sorted from the off. That won’t be happening again.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Those gobshites from Adventure warehouse ripping people off again Kev
When the going gets tough you get tougher 
Yeah slime is grim and can imagine the sensors didn’t like it. 

Shame the second hand one failed you, can you go back and grumble? 

The used ones I’ve put on my KTM seem ok, but then they are from a 2017 bike so would hope the batteries would still be fine, I guess with a GS one there’s no way to know how old it is.
I am Spartacus 
Never had an issue with slime and sensors personally on the Trump or GSA
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(16-03-2019, 11:43 AM)Buffalo Wrote: Those gobshites from Adventure warehouse ripping people off again Kev

No Chris Laugh It’s my fault mate. Bought two second hand sensors and got Williams to fit them. I’ll replace the back one and hopefully, the front one will last. Should have just bought two new ones and had done with it.
The phrase buy cheap buy twice maybe appropriate here  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
Yep! Definitely had my bottom slapped on this occasion.
Today’s lesson learnt - quick 5 mins to change the screen won’t take 5 mins unless you have four hands!
Result is 1 x top hat threaded bush awol. FUCKER!
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

The simplest jobs can be the biggest pita
I am Spartacus 
Looks like we’re all learning lessons today.
(16-03-2019, 12:42 PM)lbk Wrote:
(16-03-2019, 11:43 AM)Buffalo Wrote: Those gobshites from Adventure warehouse ripping people off again Kev

No Chris Laugh It’s my fault mate. Bought two second hand sensors and got Williams to fit them. I’ll replace the back one and hopefully, the front one will last. Should have just bought two new ones and had done with it.

What a shame.... it would’ve been the perfect fix!

Never mind eh?! When it’s all fixed the old girl will be back on form...

Did you get to see the old sensor after it was removed with the effects of the Slime??

I learnt that CRF sprocket bolts are made of cheese, but to be fair it had been well publicised online so wasn’t a great surprise.
I am Spartacus 
Wensleydale?

(17-03-2019, 11:30 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Wensleydale?

Less crumbly, more like brie
I am Spartacus 
I also learnt that I can’t visually check whether I’ve flared a river chain link to between 5.7 and 6mm as per the instructions, so Amazon are bringing me a measuring device today, fresh off the boat from China
I am Spartacus 
(17-03-2019, 09:49 AM)DrMarten Wrote:
(16-03-2019, 12:42 PM)lbk Wrote:

What a shame.... it would’ve been the perfect fix!

Never mind eh?! When it’s all fixed the old girl will be back on form...

Did you get to see the old sensor after it was removed with the effects of the Slime??
I have them both. Going to attempt to break them open and see if I can repair and inspect the damage.
(17-03-2019, 11:44 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: I also learnt that I can’t visually check whether I’ve flared a river chain link to between 5.7 and 6mm as per the instructions, so Amazon are bringing me a measuring device today, fresh off the boat from China

I require pictures of this Lee.
(17-03-2019, 05:12 PM)lbk Wrote: I require pictures of this Lee.

Watch your eyes, the bling factor is high  Cool

New chain, sprocket, chain guard, wheels, tyres and a deep, deep clean:

[Image: KTM-1190-Chain.JPG]

Looks like my riveting is right in the zone:

[Image: KTM-1190-Chain-Measure.JPG]
I am Spartacus 
Excellent! Well within your 6mm target. Definitely a high bling factor going on there...oof!!!
Almost feels criminal to put mucky lube on the chain doesn’t it  Laugh
I am Spartacus