Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That was mental
Feck me, did a 20 mile race over the fells today, it was brutal snow sleet hale rain wind, worst conditions I have ever ran in, soaking wet & freezing cold from the start line, worst of it was at 10 miles you loop back past the finish then out again for 10 more. Some of the other runners completed back to back 30 mile ultras sat & sun which was the only thing keeping me going thinking they were still getting the job done 

Several other races cancelled today but not mine LOL
Hope not Hate 
Feck me....I thought I had it tough today putting logs on the woodburner  Laugh Laugh Laugh
Feck me Chris! The weather was brutal today. Do you race better in cold weather or hot? I’d rather it be cold myself. I tend over heat at the best of times.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Probably cool weather rather than hot, today was a one off I was knee deep in sections ice cold water & mud then snow across the tops into driving wind, mountain rescue had to bring some down off the tops who were showing signs of hypothermia, not my best event I was 15 mins off my target time, the hot coffee and flapjack at the end was awesome LOL
Hope not Hate 
Sounds brutal mate. Surely if the wind speed changes, that alters everyone’s times.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
I guess so but allowed for the weather, onward and upward
Hope not Hate 
I always thought the wind chill factor was the grinder after you got wet and stayed wet. Then the mental agility has to kick in or you’re buggered.

Huge respect Chris, been there and done that years ago...it was a killer then, god only knows what it would be like now if I could.

You earned your treats, don’t be guilty!

(10-03-2019, 08:11 PM)Panman Chips Wrote: Feck me....I thought I had it tough today putting logs on the woodburner  Laugh Laugh Laugh

Lazy bugger.

If you got out and about, get the blood pumping you wouldn’t need a fire.... that’ll be another family of sparrows choked to death...

Just wish I could do the same with seagulls....

I stayed indoors hung some pictures, changed some light bulbs, swore at my laptop, swore at it's anti-virus, cooked dinner and watched MotoGP with a couple of glasses of Douro - Hectic Big Grin

Went to Llandudno on Saturday, it wasn't half windy round the Orme Confused
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Buy a Mac.... it will save all your traumas....