Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorworks Huddersfield
Sniffed out by Doc. Ordered two tyre sensors for the GS. New, £120 each...ffs! Anyways, bout two off them. (Second Hand) for £40 each. Got to be worth a try. I’ll let you know, how I get on. 

The catch.....BMW dealers are the only ones who can program them into your software. Bunch of basturds. Rang round loads of dealers and they are all coming out, around the 70 mark to fit them and key them in. 

I will let you know, how I get on. I have control - standby standby.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
I’m sure I pointed you that way, but hey Doc can have the glory  Laugh

I was going to say I’d check that they are not like the KTM ones where the bike will pick up if you change them one at a time, but need programming by a dealer if you change both, but then I remembered that both of yours have gone haven’t they?

Can your Adventure Bike Warehouse man help you out?
I am Spartacus 
I've got a GS-911 mate - think I've got 3 lives left on it and I think it'll fit your bike.

I'll Whatsapp you the connector to see if it fits. Connector should be under your seat.
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

You’ve lost him, I think you’ll need to go round Bez  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
(05-03-2019, 11:22 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: You’ve lost him, I think you’ll need to go round Bez  Laugh

Big Grin 

Probably lost me too - not used in anger yet Smile

In Madness You Dwell

Oh and Kev Adventure Bike Warehouse has one too

In Madness You Dwell

Nice one Bezly. That might just do the trick. 

Both have gone Ledwankio. Doc said you pointed them out but he wanted the glory as you pointed out.
(05-03-2019, 11:40 PM)lbk Wrote: Nice one Bezly. That might just do the trick. 

Both have gone Ledwankio. Doc said you pointed them out but he wanted the glory as you pointed out.

You git!

I remembered Lee told you about Motor Works... it’s not my fault or Lee’s that you have a memory akin to a GoldFish....

But before you go using Bev’s best spoons to rip your tyres off.... and go all DIY... you do need yet another piece of software to wake up the sensors OTHER than the GS911.... you know what you’re like...

It’s possible that used sensors may already be activated. I think there is a technique to wake them where you inflate and rapidly deflate the tyres a couple of times, though obviously to try that you need to fit everything back together, so if it doesn’t work it’ll be frustrating. 

I (or Doc) reckon you should speak to the Motorworks guys, they can probably help if not advise.
I am Spartacus 
.......I'll Whatsapp you the connector to see if it fits. Connector should be under your seat.

That'll be the OBD connection.... Used mine on the K1300 with a tracker
(06-03-2019, 08:20 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: It’s possible that used sensors may already be activated. I think there is a technique to wake them where you inflate and rapidly deflate the tyres a couple of times, though obviously to try that you need to fit everything back together, so if it doesn’t work it’ll be frustrating. 

I (or Doc) reckon you should speak to the Motorworks guys, they can probably help if not advise.

I can see a frustrated Hobbit trying to blow furiously into the sensors... can anyone else??

(06-03-2019, 08:50 AM)DrMarten Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 08:20 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: It’s possible that used sensors may already be activated. I think there is a technique to wake them where you inflate and rapidly deflate the tyres a couple of times, though obviously to try that you need to fit everything back together, so if it doesn’t work it’ll be frustrating. 

I can see a frustrated Hobbit trying to blow furiously into the sensors... can anyone else??

Laugh You twat!!! Made me giggle that. Lol.
I’m right, sweet cheeks.... and you know it Rolleyes

Seems a lot of trouble just to tell you if you tyres are flat or not , technology aye
You need to try a BM Sparks.....

(06-03-2019, 11:14 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: Seems a lot of trouble just to tell you if you tyres are flat or not , technology aye

It’s obviously a handy setup in the event of a puncture, but a pain in the arse when the batteries in the sensors go - another thing that is timed at about 4 years, probably to make people think it’s time to trade the bike in.
I am Spartacus 
They saved my bacon!

Dragged the Blue Max out one day.... the old RS! And all seemed well on pre flight checks..... got onto the road, and as you get to 20mph the TPM kicks in....and the dashboard lit up. Red and yellow icons....

Sure enough, the display defaulted to the actual tyre pressures. The bike was fine in a straight line, but as I went into the roundabout to come home....you could feel a soft tyre. Being prepared for it... no problem... But if you didn’t know, the circumnavigation would’ve been a little more entertaining if entry speed hadn’t been reduced and planned for....

These devices are for lazy old men Sparky.... me? I can’t be arsed to check tyre pressures before each ride now.... I’m more Kick the tyres, Light them fires...” 
But with the Hobbit, despite him being lower to the ground than all of us... his man baby belly precludes this activity, therefore his need to have the sensors working is critical..... plus it’s months between rides... Angel

Yeah, me too when I had the new tyre fitted and they damaged the seal - without the warning I wouldn't have checked the pressure on the same day I got the tyre fitted!
I am Spartacus