Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motogymkhana 2019
Saucy!

Not too bad, backs aching a bit though. Had regular stops given how quickly the fuel tank empties when the throttle is pinned.
I am Spartacus 
Numb bum would set in long before my tank emptied!

Only went on the motorway once with mine so can’t really comment about full speed ahead malarkey. Knobblies aren’t the best and that’s my defence...

I’d rather not be on the motorway too, even on smoother tyres, but needed to get here. Might detour a bit on the way home. 

I wasn’t waiting til empty to fill up but kinda when on one bar (or I had so much rain inside my visor I couldn’t see it), that was about 5 litres of fuel - worst distance traveled on that last night was 55 miles, on A and B roads it seems to be about 80 I think.
I am Spartacus 
In normal A roading, about 120 miles is about right. Treat her right and you’ll see 80-90 mpg.

(09-03-2019, 09:15 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Treat her right and you’ll see 80-90 mpg.

Ah, erm... Confused
I am Spartacus 
I doth my cap to you Ledwankio. Weather was awful yesterday. Fair play to you mate. Other than that. How’s the CRF holding up?
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Wash your mouth out..... CRF... they never fail.

Somebody’s chirpy today. Would that have anything to do with the Welshpudlians doing the sweaty socks today Cool
Well, sadly today was a bit of a fail. Not on my, or the bikes part, but the weather! The wind at Bruntingthorpe was gusting like fook, up to 45/50 knots, so after cones, tables and gazebos were getting upended they took the safety call to cancel it, the first time they’ve ever done it. 

We did get the course map and had just spent quite a while trying to learn it, it was a tough bastard according to all there:

[Image: MGK-course1.JPG]

Rather than plough back up the M1 I took a more pleasant route through the Peaks, and found loads of heavy rain  Sad  4.5 hours later I got home, so now I ache, everywhere!

Interesting parking spot at Bruntingthorpe:
[Image: CRF-with-Plane.JPG]
I am Spartacus 
Ahhh!!!! Gutted for you Lee. What a pisser. All that effort for feck all! Gives you a bit of an insight into how it should play out. I would have no chance at remembering that circuit. What’s the success rate! Any idea?
(09-03-2019, 07:27 PM)lbk Wrote: Somebody’s chirpy today. Would that have anything to do with the Welshpudlians doing the sweaty socks today Cool

Possibly.... Angel

(09-03-2019, 07:46 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Well, sadly today was a bit of a fail. Not on my, or the bikes part, but the weather! The wind at Bruntingthorpe was gusting like fook, up to 45/50 knots, so after cones, tables and gazebos were getting upended they took the safety call to cancel it, the first time they’ve ever done it. 

We did get the course map and had just spent quite a while trying to learn it, it was a tough bastard according to all there:

[Image: MGK-course1.JPG]

Rather than plough back up the M1 I took a more pleasant route through the Peaks, and found loads of heavy rain  Sad  4.5 hours later I got home, so now I ache, everywhere!

Interesting parking spot at Bruntingthorpe:
[Image: CRF-with-Plane.JPG]

You do see to attract the rain wherever you go Lee.

It’s bizarre this weather.... after work, I took the bike out for a run around in the afternoon sun!! However this morning you couldn’t stand up in Rhyl for the wind coming off the sea, plus sand storms...

That Victor would easily get around that course....

(09-03-2019, 10:06 PM)DrMarten Wrote: You do see to attract the rain wherever you go Lee.

It’s bizarre this weather.... after work, I took the bike out for a run around in the afternoon sun!! However this morning you couldn’t stand up in Rhyl for the wind coming off the sea, plus sand storms...

That Victor would easily get around that course....

I don’t attract it, it’s just out there ganging up on me!  Confused

That’s very much been the weather recipe of the day all the way home - blue skies, sideways rain, blue skies, sideways rain...
I am Spartacus 
Good to hear you are home safe.

Having just looked out of the window we’ve got several inches of .... snow?!

Late last night a weather warning came up on tv... you look at these things and think... hmm! Overzealous reporting....

Bugger me, they were right.

Yeah, snowing here too - I wouldn’t have liked to encounter that yesterday
I am Spartacus