Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motogymkhana 2019
It's the first round of the UK Motogymkhana competition this weekend so I'm braving the elements and heading down to Bruntingthorpe.

My goal this weekend is to complete a clean timed lap of the course rather than set any speed records, if I'm last place then I'll take it and be happy(ish).

You might think that goal sounds a bit easy, but the courses are far from easy to remember, and you only get 2 goes at it! Remembering the route is my biggest challenge I reckon. Basically you get given a map, then lead for a walk around the course. You get a bit of study time, then a bit of warm-up time (on a different course), then you are set away on the first timed run. Stray from the course, miss a bit or do it out of order then you get no recorded time. Then in the afternoon you get another timed run. The best time isused.

Here's an example of a course, no lines on the real thing - just a collection of cones and an ageing brain trying to remember where next  Laugh

[Image: Round-4-2016-Course-Map.jpeg]

If anyone fancies popping over to spectate you'd be more than welcome but you need to let them know as the Bruntingthorpe security need the details of all visitors, email them at [email protected]

Wish me luck!!
I am Spartacus 
Here’s a bucketful of luck....

I won’t be able to come over I’m afraid as I’m in work Angry

Best of luck
When the going gets tough you get tougher 
Cheers
I am Spartacus 
Feck me Ledwankio! That’ll take some doing that sweet cheeks. Like you say, a lot harder than it looks. Good luck cheeky chops. Can’t get down to cheer you on - to much on. I’ve got a pint of Guinness says you’ll smash it.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Cheers Boss. I’ll report back on my progress...
I am Spartacus 
Yeah! Be interesting to see how you get on with that mate.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Brave man mate Smile
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

what you doing that on lee the C90 ..
" i'll get my coat... "
Death trap that C90, fitted with an ejector seat Laugh
(06-03-2019, 11:09 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: Death trap that C90, fitted with an ejector seat Laugh

Not for the skilled rider Mark
I am Spartacus 
(06-03-2019, 10:39 PM)trooper8236 Wrote: what you doing that on lee the C90 ..

A CRF250 Supermoto. There’s not much to gain from power or engine size in this game.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
I am Spartacus 
The mighty CRF..... that should make light work of it all Lee.

Its done ok on the small amount of practice I've had, think I need to gear it down a bit though. Even the standard tyres did ok and I expected them to be shit - Road Winner - not a brand I know, will change them at some point though.
I am Spartacus 
Sometimes it’s easy to give a dog a bad name.... I have IRC tyres on the MSX, they were terrible... the CRF had same make and was brilliant.

Isn’t 1st hear low enough? But I guess your SM is higher geared than the L....

DrMarten Wrote:Sometimes it’s easy to give a dog a bad name.... I have IRC tyres on the MSX, they were terrible... the CRF had same make and was brilliant.

Isn’t 1st hear low enough? But I guess your SM is higher geared than the L....

When I got the bike they felt hard to the touch and were a bit shiny so I expected a bit of slippage - after ramming them around the cones they look much healthier, edge to edge  Wink

1st gear is too low Doc. On the practice course on I did it all in 2nd but that was a bit high for the tighter bits where I was having to slip the clutch - bringing 2nd lower should help. I've got a pair of 13/42 sprockets which is the lower gearing recommendation for the L but I'm not sure that it might be a bit low, standard on the M is 14/39, the L is 14/40 but obviously has bigger wheels. Will do a few runs before I make any changes.
I am Spartacus 
Well, if the 2.5 hour piss-wet, no visibility ride down the M1 has taught me one thing it’s that I need a van!!
I am Spartacus 
You are brave!

That’s very generous Doc  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Done many a long run on the CRF....

Dare I ask how’s your bum?! Angel