Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explorer voting for new Pope
They've made it look nice and shiny Dave
I am Spartacus 
(13-03-2019, 05:27 AM)anthony1664 Wrote: Good to hear Trump are helping out .... you can buy my old one for only £7250 from the Docs local dealer one careful owner  Laugh

https://www.colwynbayhonda.com/used-bike...-explorer/

What a scam, nearly due its second expensive 20,000 mile service ………… and it's in Wales !!! ………… and it's been serviced by Youles !!!!!!!!!!!
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
(13-03-2019, 05:27 AM)anthony1664 Wrote: Good to hear Trump are helping out .... you can buy my old one for only £7250 from the Docs local dealer one careful owner  Laugh

Bargain that David.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(13-03-2019, 02:07 PM)Dilbert Wrote:

What a scam, nearly due its second expensive 20,000 mile service ………… and it's in Wales !!! ………… and it's been serviced by Youles !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes I do believe that 2nd biggy was due, needs some tyres soon too  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
Ok, picked the bike up on Saturday and all's well again, total cost £1058, but that included all the labour and parts for the 10,000 miles service (£650 service + £50 front brake pads), Bubbs the chief mechanic at Staffs Triumph spent about 18 hours on it (engine out, head strip), fortunately the Triumph guidelines brought this down to about 12 hrs and all the parts, including coolant, head gasket and other seals were covered by Triumph under "good will warranty".
Still come up to 1k with their goodwill as well? Same cost as my entire Triumph Laugh
Hopefully no more issues now and many happy care free miles
Hope not Hate 
That’s pretty decent of Trump to absorb some of the costs. A lot of manufacturers don’t these days.... not a bad result really.

OooooKay, quick update, got it back last Saturday, rode over to see my mum on Sunday, back up to site Monday-Thursday in the car, rode into work Friday morning, back home stopped at the butcher's and pop goes the weasel (no reference to Lefty) Sad

Back into Staffs Triumph and more wait and see Undecided
My professional amateur opinion – Get rid of it  Undecided
I am Spartacus 
(08-04-2019, 01:07 PM)Dilbert Wrote: OooooKay, quick update, got it back last Saturday, rode over to see my mum on Sunday, back up to site Monday-Thursday in the car, rode into work Friday morning, back home stopped at the butcher's and pop goes the weasel (no reference to Lefty) Sad

Back into Staffs Triumph and more wait and see Undecided

This is why I got rid of an 11 month old Focus.... they were wanting to put a new head on, but as I said, if there is further unseen damage to the block why just do a fitters job and pop a new head on.

Very tricky things heat damaged engines to assess and rebuild.

Let’s see what their autopsy comes up with this time....

Not good Sad
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Get rid Mam!
Tempted to get a new Tiger 800, did a lot of miles on my old 2011 one, it had a few issues, but all easily (and cheaply) sorted, I'll miss the shaft drive and the arm wrenching 5,000rpm+ acceleration, but the 800 is probs better for commuting and solo riding and almost as capable two up, for the 3-4 times a year Mrs Dilbert goes on the back.

If the 2019 XRx model has the LED headlights, then that could be the one to go for, doesn't have the adjustable suspension of the XRt, but they're Showa units anyway, so would have to be replaced with Maxton's at some point either way, Triumph suspension seems a bit on the budget side for most of their range apart from the "R" versions, where they just bolt on Ohlins, the new Xploders have semi-active WP suspension, but I believe whilst better it's still not ideal.

I know Dave has had his big hands on three Xploders now without any problems, but I'm definitely not confident in this one and not sure if I'm a bit "over-horsed" with the 1200 ? a new one's way out of my price range anyhow, the 800's expensive enough !
Surely Trump should come p with a deal on another bike seeing you had a demo from them?
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(10-04-2019, 06:57 PM)Badboybez Wrote: Surely Trump should come p with a deal on another bike seeing you had a demo from them?

I would also hope they would give you a decent deal given the current situation - you need to throw your teddies around
I am Spartacus 
Same here, they do need to pull their finger out on this.

Remember! They have tried to fix it and failed. Clearly there are further issues with that engine which Trump won’t want to deal with....

Time to sit down with the dealer principle, put down all your expenses and costs of the bike repairs and start from there.

Consider another demo or pre reg bike... a deal will be there, just depends on how ruthless you want to be.

I’d go for another Tex and the highest spec, they can always right off extras and options.

Remember this saying.... shy bears get no honey...

I’d be registering an official disgust and then take it from there.
Gone !

[Image: Tiger-XRx-Blackf3daa0c8d57f9c6b.png]
I’ve had one of them. Excellent choice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internet explorer 24 2,831 03-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Badboybez