Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van to make a camper
Dave...

Transit Turneo, the last boxy shape...

£2995.... I only got a glance at it in passing.

Plas Elwy Cars

01745 797141.

For the flexible day van I want, this is an ideal start:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202600360742

Apart from... the price and the miles! £12k for a 8-year old vehicle that has done 180k miles. Mental  Dodgy

And why would you de-badge a VW?
I am Spartacus 
Condition: New

Ripped driver seat....

And others....

Dreamer! The VDub scene make up their own rules....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...4100874967

Why not got for a lil bit more spsce?
(25-02-2019, 11:45 PM)anthony1664 Wrote: ... think what’s putting me off a bigger base van is wanting it to fit in car parks easier

Keep up at the back ChipPan.... Rolleyes

You'd not be limited to 56 !! Crack on  Laugh

Fine..... Go buy a friggin tent then ! If your gonna do it Bungle, do it in style  Big Grin I bet if you costed it out you'd probably save a lot and have much more accommodation  Huh
True... but I don’t think there are many people left who’ve experienced  80 in a 7.5 ton... Laugh

Anyways....

You are now on glamping......and I doubt Dave is keen on that form of camping.... plus he’d never sleep at night, knowing you’re hot breath is just a sheet of material away....

That thought alone is enough to put me off the subject altogether...

What about 80 @44t !!! Laugh oh those were the days  Angel

How do you know what Dave is in too or not ??? Frank 'Foo foo' Lamar carried it off for years  Big Grin
Never mind what I am into ..... the deal is done and my ex AA Ford Custom will be mine come Friday
My real name is Dave 
All sorted then.

Just the DIY to go!

Minter mate
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

anthony1664 Wrote:Never mind what I am into ..... the deal is done and my ex AA Ford Custom will be mine come Friday

Good man! What are the scores on the doors if you don't mind me asking?

I think I have actually filtered my selection down to a Transit Custom (Sport or lookalike) too, but have decided to leave it until our X-Trail goes back to the lease company next year and just do some hiring for the Motogymkhana stuff this year (or maybe lend an ex-AA transit from a pal  Laugh  ). 

Should give us time to decide exactly what we want from the van. I've found a place in Doncaster who are doing day van conversions not far from what I want so I reckon I'll go and have a word:
https://www.adventure-vans.co.uk/

Will be interested to see your progress mate, lots of photos remember
I am Spartacus 
Spot spot on Dave! Can’t go wrong with a Tranny old beam. Pictures man, I need pictures.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
You’ve got one outside your front door....

But with piss bottles in Tongue

Yeah but it’s not yellow is it
I am Spartacus 
Just under £9k full service history has a MS front splitter and some colour coding done.... 1st job is ECU out and off to the van tuner to take the limiter off and put a more economical map on it which handly comes with some extra horse and torques  Laugh

[Image: OGBfqf57_t.jpeg] [Image: B0h8S1u3_t.jpeg] [Image: mMGpQmEt_t.jpeg] [Image: fqICJDt1_t.jpeg] [Image: JJ24HpJF_t.jpeg]
My real name is Dave 
That tailgate is a huge bonus....

Looks tidy. What wheelbase did you get? Engine power? Hows the mileage, been to the Moon yet?

Tailgate is definitely a good place to shelter from the storm  Wink

ECU? Surely the first job is some big alloys and a bull bar!  Laugh  Who’s your van tuner and what’ll that cost?
I am Spartacus 
That looks a good un - def see you coming too  Laugh
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Tidy van
When the going gets tough you get tougher