Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March time to think about that summer body
I know a lot of folk in Mancriders will be thinking about that summer body ready for the beach, this is a great little workout I have been using why not give it a go 

https://youtu.be/O-NKhBarAcc

Hot Yoga I have been doing this for the past few months it’s really good for strength & conditioning good addition to the ads and body tone sessions, really good class nr me Friday & Monday evenings, they turn the heat right up it’s like a sauna very hot and sweaty but you Great great condition and blood circulation 

https://youtu.be/796kNNslyLg
When the going gets tough you get tougher 
I I know a lot of folk in Mancriders will be thinking about that summer body ready for the beach.....

Laugh  I stopped reading there..... Laugh
(22-02-2019, 05:32 PM)Panman Chips Wrote: I I know a lot of folk in Mancriders will be thinking about that summer body ready for the beach.....

Bloody hell.... I I say, thought it was Fred Elliot... I say...

Now then....Now then ar say !!  Tongue
Luckily, my Adonis, ripped body is still in the peak of perfection....

(22-02-2019, 05:32 PM)Panman Chips Wrote: I I know a lot of folk in Mancriders will be thinking about that summer body ready for the beach.....

yep
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(22-02-2019, 10:10 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Luckily, my Adonis, ripped body is still in the peak of perfection....

Rab C Nesbitt has nothing on you Mr Welsh Pikey 1988  Big Grin
That’s the sceptic in you ChipPan....

I’m not losing weight because I have to, merely it’s dropping off naturally. A change in diet has helped considerably but the main one has been dropping treatment for diabetes... now every doctor would hit the roof at that wildly stupid statement....that was similar to what mine said.

But if you analyse diabetes at a chemical level, it is a self deprecating medication. (Luckily, I was borderline type 2, so you can simply revert if you decide to....) Now, the meds’ allow your body to process sugars.... not control them. Therefore the majority of people who have diabetes simply revert to their previous lifestyle...when taking these meds...

The change of diet plus being borderline combined with will power results in loss of weight. I did have several in-depth talks with my GP who disagreed all the way, but their viewpoint is committed to preventing and maintaining..... only you can fix the issue.

Now I’m no Buffalo...

As in the physical restrictions I have now would make a long walk painful let alone cycling.... running is impossible.

However... the loss of weight has had one major benefit.... I ache less. The effect of gravity has started to become apparent on the old skeleton.

Now far be it from me to say go against your GPs advice.... but I looked at it from both an informed view and a desire to break from the constant cycle of meds.

As an aside.... I kept forgetting to take the blasted things in any case...it was that which makes you think are these bloody things doing you any good in the first place?

I know what you are saying Doc..... I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 5 years ago with a HBA1c of 68. It took me a while to get my head around it, 2 tabs @ twice a day plus statin for cholesterol... for years we all just shovel in whatever we want without realising it.

Now I'm still type 2 but with a HBA1C of 51 and striving to get <50... Keep bouncing at the door but it won't let me in yet !! Had a blip 2 years ago when I stopped smoking in November '16. Blood count went 84,88 then 98 in the May....hit the cigars in the July and felt instantly better  Big Grin 

All this I'll add is with little or no help from the GP at all.... No testing kits, no advice just get on with it.... Simply because I can't take time off midweek as im nowhere near. 

Testing myself once or twice a week with glucose readings between 6 & 9.5 so I'm happy all things considered especially as I kicked the cigars again  Laugh

I always forget to take my morning tablet too !!  Laugh
The medical profession have a name for that type of condition Panman, “a corpse”get that shit sorted you need to own it, I was exactly the same with heart liver and kidney problems, you don’t need doctors you can turn that round in 6 months, you need to be medication free you got there on your own you can dig your way out 

Doc Yoga is great if you do have limited mobility, give it a go try it for a few weeks you will definitely feel better
When the going gets tough you get tougher 
I’m finding that I’m a little bit more mobile, flexible and generally able to do a little bit more each week.

Several have mentioned yoga and pilates also swimming, I can now walk on the sand quite some distance as the impact of the dead leg is absorbed by that lovely stuff....

The next step is to get a pair of springer spaniels.... when Dyl was around, it was a great motivator to get out plus he would drag me which relieves the effort! 2 springers will have me going faster....