Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driverless Cars
They are coming driverless cars & taxis also Buses & wagons this could be the end of bus & taxi drivers and lorry drivers, this is the end goal removal of people from the mix

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegra...stmas/amp/
Hope not Hate 
Or they could invest in better mass transport and feck Northern Rail right off Big Grin
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Carnage will ensue...
I am Spartacus 
It's just a pipe dream.... A typical ''could be".... if there was an area of the country set aside, say Scotland and all driven vehicles (Cars, vans, trucks, buses etc) were banished and removed from the roads leaving only Remote controlled vehicles, then in theory it could be viable..... But it would never happen. 

A driverless society needs everything and everyone to be singing from the same hymn sheet.... Chloe in her Clio and Raza in his golf GTi and Edna in her Hyundai would fuck it up on day one and everyday afterwards as the 2 systems will not work together.....

Whilst we've all got holes in our arses there's always going to be drivers.
I’d never thought I would do this! But I almost agree with chip pan Laugh WTF is wrong with me! Can one you boys, come round to mine and smash the living shit out of me. I’m going for a lie down in a dark room.  Confused
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(06-02-2019, 02:09 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Carnage will ensue...

worried.com........ Sad
" i'll get my coat... "
It’ll be reet!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Nope, carnage. 

The only way it can work is like Panners said, If the driverless cars and everyone else is kept apart.
I am Spartacus 
Computers are fine when controlled, give the AI, we will be fucked.

Just a case of when not if for me, you only need to look around and see tech which just a few years ago would look impossible, smart phones, the death of the high street and Amazon online sales, high street banking now all on your phone, I can see a move to vehicles becoming automated and electric in the next 30 years
We could be being narrow minded....

By the time these things could be on the road, they would be the answer to oncoming mobility issues.

Our normal licences will still be current, and allow us to shuffle in the driverless car, shout Bookies and you’ll arrive at Paddy Power.

I’d have one rather than one of those mobility scooters.....strangely piloted by those who can walk... Angel

It would be the ideal world.... No more road rage and an accident free world unless the manufacturer allowed an override button. 

That's when it would go to rat shit because the AI world could never anticipate the Human aspect.... 

There was talk a couple of years back of a Radio controlled combination (multiple trailers commanded by one driver in the lead vehicle) 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/101945...sgow-route

Now picture Mr White Van man with his sausage and egg buttie or Mr Executive on his conference call suddenly realising he's 50 yards away from his junction.... The following is what everyone is lead to believe happens...

[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/vCwNNYpKm9o[/video]

When actually this is what happens.....

Driverless automation needs to be completely separate from the human element....
Copy n paste that first video link..... Doesn't seem to like multiple video links in a post  Rolleyes
Buff
Who's this chip pan man and why is he quoting the Express, shouldn't be allowed, that's all I'm sayin Dodgy
(11-02-2019, 01:32 PM)Dilbert Wrote: Buff
Who's this chip pan man and why is he quoting the Express, shouldn't be allowed, that's all I'm sayin Dodgy

What’s this????

The Buffy and Dilly tag team??

(11-02-2019, 02:02 PM)DrMarten Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 01:32 PM)Dilbert Wrote: Buff

What’s this????

The Buffy and Dilly tag team??

I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Dilbert I often wonder if we are the same person? What are the chances of finding 2 centre left snow flakes on a biker site unbelievable, same odds as finding a Virgin in Rhyl (sorry Doc that was below the belt) 

Chip man is actually a lovely human once you scrap past the dogging and blatant advertising of his large phallus to other road users, I suspect the Express has something in the small adds section on the 2 aforementioned items
Confirmed...

You are two separate beings.... having met both of you. Uncannily, you do seem to share likeminded issues.

And.... there is only one ChipPan, mercifully.

Dilbert & Buff..... Sounds like a bloody camp actors agency !!!!  Huh

Mock away luddites.... Nowt wrong with change, tis good to be different  Big Grin
Oi, who you calling "centre left", cheeky young pup Rolleyes
(11-02-2019, 08:42 PM)Panman Chips Wrote: Mock away luddites.... Nowt wrong with change, tis good to be different  Big Grin

Rides an ancient monolith like that and then calls us Luddites Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No diesel or petrol cars built from 2040 Badboybez 35 3,527 11-09-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: anthony1664
  Electric cars - and Bikes...... DrMarten 12 1,522 15-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Half decent Bike vs Cars courtesty of (Ozzy) Top Gear lbk 3 1,037 24-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Bring Motorcycle road tax inline with that of cars MarkW7 10 1,075 23-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Last Post: lbk