Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Times change.
For the past few months with the impending move I’ve been thinking what to do on the bike front.

Main concerns were time and space, space being the primary. The problem with downsizing your property is just that, more modern garages are smaller, so small..... you can’t fit a normal family car in Huh

Time... being single again...you forget just how much you have to do to keep you head above water and sanity in check! So, the amount of time available to devote to bikes seems to ebb away, simply carrying your tasks to keep the house and life shipshape.

So, trying to tackle this, plus the headache of moving it becomes a real pain in the ass.

Yesterday, after our normal bikers brekkie.... Mark has been sniffing at a new Aprilia for ages, so we were chewing the cud about it. During the conversation it brought me back to thinking what can I do in my situation.... bugger all came the thought back... put the lid back on it.

I suggested that we go and look at another dealer, just to have a look around.

It was busy! Met a mate who worked at another dealership, we had a good chat, saying we were just window shopping. Anyways, we looked around again, then left. The sales manager came out and asked if there was anything she could do? Mark asked if they had a model in stock... unfortunately, not. But they would talk turkey IF he really wanted one.

In general conversation, I asked if they were going to get in a XXXXXXX.... salesman looked at me saying they were only allocated 5.
In the next line he asked what bike I had, and I said.... and was thinking of having a clear out. Casually he asked what, and his response floored me.

I had to have sometime to digest the offer, alas, after chatting over the offer, I’ve decided to change. Considering I had no intention, sometimes if the right deal comes along... you need to say Yes, rather than the I’ll think about it and walk away.

Ok Doc......what's next GS1250 with low seat option?? 

Or an Indian Scoutmaster with all the bells and Tassles??
Who says bikes just belong in the garage Wink
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

I didn’t know you were planning to move house Doc, shame it involves less bike storage space.

BTW I thought I made it clear I got first dibs on any of your pristine collection - trading in! That’s against the rules!!
I am Spartacus 
Change is a good thing Doc I am sure you will enjoy whatever it is you have in mind, are you staying local to where you are now or moving further afield
Hope not Hate 
(13-01-2019, 11:05 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: I didn’t know you were planning to move house Doc, shame it involves less bike storage space.

BTW I thought I made it clear I got first dibs on any of your pristine collection - trading in! That’s against the rules!!

Really?! I’ll text you...

(13-01-2019, 11:38 AM)Buffalo Wrote: Change is a good thing Doc I am sure you will enjoy whatever it is you have in mind, are you staying local to where you are now or moving further afield

Just a couple of miles down the road.

House to bungalow ....

(13-01-2019, 09:54 AM)Panman Chips Wrote: Ok Doc......what's next GS1250 with low seat option?? 

Or an Indian Scoutmaster with all the bells and Tassles??

Never in my lifetime would I be seen on such an abomination as an Indian.

ChipPan was miles off with his guess....

The replacement bike is a KTM. Have decided on the 690 SMC R, an unusual choice ?? Not really, the CRF is a perfect model of ergonomics...so you’d think the new CRF 450L would be the same? No...a different overall seating to footpeg to bar feel, which puts even more strain on the upper back and shoulders.

The KTM has the same seating position as the CRF so that won the day.

I tried the Husqvarna 701 which they had in stock, and was so comfy, with the added benefit it’s only 19 kgs more than the CRF 250.

Have to wait and see now.

Jesus Martin..... Never thought I'd see the day when you'd be riding a sewing machine !!  Big Grin will the Kirby vacuum cleaner sidecar attachment still fit as stabilisers ??  Big Grin Tongue
This is my point... I need a bike to make me feel alive.

The BM has its form and function.... the KTM is a Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde. The one thing I’ll wager my ass on, is you’ve never felt alive on the selection of bikes you’ve had.

The thing you’ve got now, some redneck put that engine in a frame which was being used as a water pump draining a bayou to keep the alligators at bay.

I’d love to see the smile on your face after you realise there is life after riding a touring tractor...get yourself on a 600 track bike and rag the ass off it...

Laugh Laugh Laugh  I hear you Doc... Though my steamboat is immense fun it's a totally different type of fun to yours ! 

We all have to adapt at some point and I tip my hat to you Doc... My Redneck did a mighty fine job with my wheels, I hope Adolf's grandson is as good  Big Grin
Them KTM 690’s are some serious bits of kits. Awesome looking bikes they are.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Gets my vote. Gissa go mistah  Tongue

[Image: 247507_690-smc-r-front-le-my2019.jpg?ito...n&fc=50,50]
I am Spartacus 
Sweet ride
Hope not Hate 
Cheers chaps, I’m getting that itchy impatientiance already.

Years ago my dad used to say, All you need is a good 250 single, the youth in me dismissed this as utter tosh. Bigger is better, right? When I got the GSX14, he saw it and was mesmerised by its size and that the engine was bigger than his car. Never did he say... It’s too big.... I learned that! And I’ll bet he knew it... Back in the 40’s and 50’s he was a keen clubman, taking many a trophy with the RAC/ACU... so he’d earned his spurs.

I could hear his words when I’d got the first CRF...all you need is a good 250... but I too have earned my spurs....

So, onward and upwards... bigger isn’t always better and I’m already thinking I’ve made a boob in letting go CRF no2... but, only time will tell.

(14-01-2019, 11:00 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Gets my vote. Gissa go mistah  Tongue

[Image: 247507_690-smc-r-front-le-my2019.jpg?ito...n&fc=50,50]

Is there enough orange on it though?

Lovely bike that Doc that’s definitely my sort of bike
Hope not Hate 
DrMarten Wrote:Is there enough orange on it though?

No! I'm actually surprised how subdued the graphics are. But then they'll probably expect everyone to pay for extra go-faster orange bits  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
(15-01-2019, 08:20 AM)Buffalo Wrote: Lovely bike that Doc that’s definitely my sort of bike

I am looking forward to it Buff, have loved my CRFs, I’d recommend one of those to anybody. This I think will be a bit of a wild ride compared to the mild mannered Honda.