Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spine Race
This is full on crazy shit I could be tempted to go the short 150 mile route but the full 270 mile run non stop takes 6 days and is the full length of the Pennine’s starts tomorrow mate of mine is doing it 

https://youtu.be/LAmQ_b1rnoc

Is it really possible to do 260 miles none stop! That’s Feckin extreme Chris.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Yep they might grab an hour here and there but it’s agsinst the clock so not a lot of time usually food, change some clothing and off again, you can follow folk on line see how they progress 

They have other events which are even crazier, the deca Ironman that’s 10 ironmen events in one go

I can't drive 270 miles without stopping Laugh
(11-01-2019, 10:51 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: I can't drive 270 miles without stopping  Laugh

Laugh Laugh
(11-01-2019, 10:35 PM)Buffalo Wrote: Yep they might grab an hour here and there but it’s agsinst the clock so not a lot of time usually food, change some clothing and off again, you can follow folk on line see how they progress 

They have other events which are even crazier, the deca Ironman that’s 10 ironmen events in one go

Incredible mate!
Chris.... One question.  Why ???  Big Grin
(12-01-2019, 07:53 AM)Panman Chips Wrote: Chris.... One question.  Why ???  Big Grin

Well if you asked me that a few years ago I wouldn’t have a clue, I know now it’s about challenges how far can I go where will I break what am I physically and mentally capable of achieving it’s a sense of achievement like no other plus you get an incredible high from pushing your mind and body

Now then Mr Buffalo. I completely get this .... 

It’s not about who’s got the biggest cock, it’s about having the biggest balls. What a challenge, mentally.
Physical endurance hasn’t inspired me... but mental agility and endurance does.

Good luck if you do decide to go ahead.
Illigitimi non carborundum.
Not for me Doc I don’t have 270 miles in me unfortunately I might have a go at the 108 mile event next year

What’s considered the hardest or the ultimate in those circles Chris?
Crack on Buffalo.... Got my own personal hurdles to crack first.... Stopping smoking is No 1, started on the Champix this week and cut down to 3 cigars today  Big Grin 

Did stop 2 years ago for a year but my diabetes went haywire (Hba1c) went from 50 to 98 !! So monitoring it this time.
You still smoke fags Chris?
Never smoked a Fag  Laugh cigarettes and cigars but never a Fag  Big Grin Big Grin
(12-01-2019, 07:00 PM)Panman Chips Wrote: Never smoked a Fag  Laugh cigarettes and cigars but never a Fag  Big Grin Big Grin

I beg to differ TBF but hey! That’s another thread.  Laugh
(12-01-2019, 07:03 PM)lbk Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 07:00 PM)Panman Chips Wrote: Never smoked a Fag  Laugh cigarettes and cigars but never a Fag  Big Grin Big Grin

I beg to differ TBF but hey! That’s another thread.  Laugh

Laugh Laugh Laugh
(12-01-2019, 05:08 PM)lbk Wrote: What’s considered the hardest or the ultimate in those circles Chris?

This is considered to be the hardest, Marathon des sables 270k across the Sahara non stop and you carry everything you need 

https://marathondessables.co.uk/

Single iron distance Triathlon has a few contenders Brutal in Snowdonia is often given that accolade I am toying with doing the half Brutal, Triathlon X in the Lake District and Norseman are incredible you have to be super fit, they also do double and triple Brital the triple is a 3 day race non stop. 

The ultimate Tri is the one I am doing 2020 Arch 2 Arc London to Paris Run 86 miles Swim 23 Bike 186 all in one go

Jesus H Christ...... I had palpitations just at the thought !! Amazing achievement Chris !
(13-01-2019, 12:10 AM)Buffalo Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 05:08 PM)lbk Wrote: What’s considered the hardest or the ultimate in those circles Chris?

This is considered to be the hardest, Marathon des sables 270k across the Sahara non stop and you carry everything you need 

https://marathondessables.co.uk/

Single iron distance Triathlon has a few contenders Brutal in Snowdonia is often given that accolade I am toying with doing the half Brutal, Triathlon X in the Lake District and Norseman are incredible you have to be super fit, they also do double and triple Brital the triple is a 3 day race non stop. 

The ultimate Tri is the one I am doing 2020 Arch 2 Arc London to Paris Run 86 miles Swim 23 Bike 186 all in one go

WTF!!! That is truly - remarkable.
I thought your fitness campaign had started Mr Hairy Toes....

None of this.... my diary is too full...

Haven’t you got several gym’s where you work... and they are Free??

And I’m not shit stirring... as you quite eloquently put it...
Illigitimi non carborundum.