Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA)
What do you make of this excerpt from a recent MAG update:

The Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA) is rebranding and their new head wants to concentrate on “L category vehicles” rather than motorcycles. These are all the strange things like, leaning three wheelers, micro cars, 2/3/4 wheelers up to a given weight. The director of the MCIA has gone on record to say that he’d rather not be associated with motorcycles!
I am Spartacus 
Ha! They have always been a strange bunch of people.

Perhaps he’s after collecting his pension early. It smacks of their attempts in the 80’s and 90’s on how to encourage new people to biking. They asked bikers what to do, the reply was, drop the 125 limit, ditch the two part test and give them more support...

In response, they did the opposite.

I’m seeing it as they have seen the big bike market take off....so ditch it.

To me, it looks like they want to boost the EU promotion of safety related products, ironically built in the EU.

Probably just me but I find the “MAG” very snowflake always playing the victim never any good news just constantly poor old us, sorry I just find them really negative I unsubscribed from them, don’t know who the other crowd are.
When the going gets tough you get tougher 
Never read any of it.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
I just thought it absurd that the body looking after the motorcycle industry in the UK want to distance themselves from motorcycling. Obviously just me, carry on.
I am Spartacus 
It is absurd mate. Would you like me to register an official one at them?
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Yes please Boss
I am Spartacus 
(27-12-2018, 02:18 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: I just thought it absurd that the body looking after the motorcycle industry in the UK want to distance themselves from motorcycling. Obviously just me, carry on.

Nah!, just a bunch of boring old wankers talking bollocks about bikes.

Not that I’ve seen or heard of that anywhere else Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SAT NAV for Motorcycle lbk 24 90 23-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Self riding motorcycle! Badboybez 4 266 18-06-2018, 06:44 AM
  craven motorcycle museum hairnet 6 316 07-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Last Post: lbk
Exclamation National Motorcycle Week of Action.... DrMarten 10 949 27-08-2017, 07:34 PM