Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute matters for Christmas....?
Star 
Here I sit, nothing to do.....

Last night I collected a turkey... Rolleyes not a live one! But on my travels up and down the valley.... I happend to stumble on a game bird breeder.... needless to say I put my name down.
Only a small one please....there are days when farmers have a sense of humour... ie, it isn’t!!

It can be a little awkward being single these days, but the adjustment period is still requiring constant tuning to say the least.... but, this year there was a feint spark of interest rather than loathing dread.

Having the correct mindset... setting yourself up not to fail, and if you do, don’t ignore it, learn. What was it Sherlock Holmes said? Adopt, Adapt, Improve.... but do it with humbleness, sensitivity, compassion....
It’s easy to get things wrong and blame everyone around you, bitterness can tighten its grip, severely. Loneliness creeps in and eventually you’ve got what you never would wish on an enemy.... splendid isolation.
Where on earth am I going with this?

Sometimes, someone, some people somewhere.... don’t give up helping, don’t stop caring....just being there...

Eventually, there is the lightbulb moment and that’s when the healing starts, you start to wipe your face, get up, and see that life does go on, rather than being in a constant vacuous state, watching life pass you by...

So.... back to present day, I sit here, nothing to do, because it is all done.

Makes you sick eh?!
Presents bought
Wrapped up
Only got the last bits to do...

To those of you who have been there and supported me.. I thank you. 

This is the first Christmas that actually hasn’t had dread looming over(yeah! I know!! That can be many  christmas’!) it is showing a slow reintroduction to normality.

Take it easy, report back on the stories of hectic shopping, chaotic family visits.... empty you spleens here!

Merry Christmas Angel

Sounds like you’re making progress Doc, sterling work my good man.
I am Spartacus 
Definitely making progress old son. As Ledwankio has said. Sterling work my good man.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
And long may it continue Doc.
You know where we are mate at any time.

Take it it’s turkey butties for a while then?
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(22-12-2018, 05:12 PM)lbk Wrote: Definitely making progress old son. As Ledwankio has said. Sterling work my good man.

That’s exactly what I said - get your own catchphrases! Disgusting
I am Spartacus 
It’s a long road Doc it sounds like you have began a journey and seeing a little light on the horizon, stay strong all the best in the festive season
Hope not Hate 
Indeed.

A couple or three years does give you chance to get back on course etc.

You can tell it yourself, things you would shy away from, are starting to appeal again....

Got to admit, seeing some poor buggers still running around yesterday afternoon...

Went out to wash the car and the Last Minuters’ were still at it.

However, the farmers were busy until late last night with hay and feed for the animals so they could have a bit of a holiday today.

Online shopping has certainly eased a lot of the pain of the High Street fight, though that’s not great news for the retailers. I’ve had a couple of things not turn up though and that is bloody frustrating. 

I had to take Charley out yesterday to get a few bits as it was the first chance I’d had with him, apparently he’d rather celebrate his birthday than shop, go figure. I didn’t find the shops too crazy though I’m glad we didn’t need to visit a supermarket. 

Anyway all quiet for me today - Steph has the lurgy and gone back to bed and the boy is plugged in to the Xbox as zombies don’t stop for Christmas. 

Just tried my new Leatt body armour on and I must say it feels pretty sturdy.

Hi ho ho
I am Spartacus 
Pictures man - we need pictures!
Up at 5 this morning for 5 miles before folk up lovely and quite back showered and off to visit grandkids had 2 breakfasts 

Feet up now with a brew, quite one everyone is at respective in-laws this year, busy one tomorrow got about 30 round so prep today 

Got some nice gear and race events I wanted booked for me
Hope not Hate 
(25-12-2018, 01:12 PM)lbk Wrote: Pictures man - we need pictures!

You want pictures of my wife asleep??
I am Spartacus 
Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can Chris. Looks like your going to be full throttle tomorrow  Laugh
(25-12-2018, 01:33 PM)Ledwardio Wrote:
(25-12-2018, 01:12 PM)lbk Wrote: Pictures man - we need pictures!

You want pictures of my wife asleep??

He’s a perv! Next it’ll be Guy Martin in the prison showers.

(25-12-2018, 02:30 PM)DrMarten Wrote: He’s a perv! Next it’ll be Guy Martin in the prison showers.

Don’t Doc - he’ll be splashing his O’Shagnasty sauce at the thought of that, it’s poor Bev who’ll have to clean it up.

If it’s pics of the body armour you want Kev, surely you can just look at your own because you will have bought some when I showed you it on special offer, didn’t you?  Huh

Other bike-orientated gifts I received are Jonathan Reas book and a Cool Covers seat cover for the KTM  Cool
I am Spartacus 
Very nice mate. No! Never took advantage of the super cheap special offer you showed me but forgot. Angry
(25-12-2018, 02:55 PM)lbk Wrote: Very nice mate. No! Never took advantage of the super cheap special offer you showed me but forgot. Angry

Boo. Should have done what I did and told Santa  Wink
I am Spartacus 
TBF! The amount of money I’ve had spent on me in the last month is phenomenal. Even I know where to draw the line and not take the piss.  Laugh Plus! Only the kiddie winks get presents in our house at Christmas and birthdays.
Top Man!

The only ankle biter I’ve got is a 11 month old Springer.... it was magical while it lasted!

My house looks like a Feckin bombs hit Laugh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone. lbk 6 273 24-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Badboybez
  BBC Christmas repeats. DrMarten 22 623 23-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Christmas gift ideas lbk 9 322 23-12-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Christmas meal/drinky poo’s 2018. lbk 149 3,524 20-12-2018, 01:58 AM
Last Post: anthony1664