Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 in miles
With just a couple of weeks left and training taking a rest I did a check on my mileage for the year, these will move up a bit but not massively 

Swimming 128 miles 
Cycling 1906 miles
Running 987 miles (I have a race on New Year’s Eve where I will finish on 1000 miles) the elevation for this year is 23,650meters or running over Everest 3 and a bit times 

With my big events already booked for 2019 and training for 2020 starting I am aiming to smash these next year.

Has anybody got physical health goals they are aiming for next year
Hope not Hate 
Feck me Chris! That’s some serious mileage on the old pins mate. I’ve got to lose 2.5 stone. Well - that’s my goal anyways.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Can’t believe this mileages Buff, incredible!

I do monitor my activity by iwatch and phone, but mine must be divided by a million compared to your tally.

And I’m not looking to run a marathon!

Well done Buff, very impressive.

I'm still back on the starting blocks, I've done a couple of 5-6 mile walks since my accident, but being able to run at all is still a goal for the New Year, we've got a treadmill set up in the garage now, I just need the motivation to start using it Blush
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Forget the running machine it’s soulless enjoy the open air, 

Never say never Doc, I have been helping a lad with cerebral palsy he’s ran a marathon and completed a triathlon
Hope not Hate 
You are such a sport Buff... but I need a new knee, hip and a whole load of energy before contemplating a run again. And to think I was so active up until all this come up...!

(17-12-2018, 05:46 PM)DrMarten Wrote: You are such a sport Buff... but I need a new knee, hip and a whole load of energy before contemplating a run again. And to think I was so active up until all this come up...!

https://youtu.be/-sUKoKQlEC4
Hope not Hate 
Nice one Buff.... When you swimming at the docks ?? New years Eve ?
(17-12-2018, 07:52 PM)Panman Chips Wrote: Nice one Buff.... When you swimming at the docks ?? New years Eve ?

New Year’s Day swim at Salford doing a run first down at Stretford, it should be an entertaining morning  Laugh
Hope not Hate 
Let’s hope you get some half decent weather for it Chris.

(18-12-2018, 08:07 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Let’s hope you get some half decent weather for it Chris.

Laugh It is what it is
Hope not Hate 
(17-12-2018, 03:28 PM)Buffalo Wrote: Forget the running machine it’s soulless enjoy the open air, 

Yeah, I get that, but it's easier to regulate, I don't have to stop at junctions and there aren't as many potholes Big Grin
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Are you bagging a few beer then NYE buff after your run & swim
I will have a couple NYE Mark before I knuckle down again, last few weeks healthy eating has gone west  Laugh
Hope not Hate