Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brexit Thread.
[quote pid='104481' dateline='1540989074']

And I can't trade my bike in for another six months yet, without paying a divorce bill 
[/quote]

Selfish barstards,
Hope not Hate 
That’s the problem Buff.... Ireland cannot be one... unless each side wants it and as one group don’t and one do...and there’s been enough over the years.

Utopia is a far away dream for a United Ireland, but I guess, never say never.

Think back to Ted Heath, 1974? When he said it was the best thing for the UK.... and probably at the time it was an option.
Turning our back on not only our trading partners, but our own commonwealth.... that was unforgivable.

I watched Countryfile before and after the vote.... New Zealand farmers were interviewed to see if they would trade with the UK....before they answered, they made it known in no uncertain terms...what the UK did by ending trading with them was a knife in the chest...
We owe them for shitting on them.
Now to Europe.... quite simply, fuck them. They are the most self centred group of people (politicians mind!) who now need to realise the dream needs to change... as I’d said, Europe will collapse if it doesn’t adopt what the people of Europe want.
Over the years we have saved tha daft bastards from themselves....
To me... if the UK could float.... lift anchor and set sail for somewhere nice and warm.... drugs are easily had and rum flows freely!

Dearest EU..... 

I'd like to talk to you in regards to the bike you sold me back in the 70's.... I bought it from EU as EU promised me the world would be my oyster (probably stolen from British fishing territory Smile) I happily signed your contract as EU also promised me a lifetime warranty that should anything go wrong with it then EU would fix it to 'as new' and considering the hefty price i was paying EU. 

Well, things were ok in the beginning until one fine day the Top box fell off and I rang the warranty claims department and ended up speaking to a representative from France I believe who said ''leave it with me' (in french of course. Shy) a little time went by with no reply so I called again.... This time a German answered....apparently a new manager gets appointed every few months and his reply was a very curt '9'... I think it's spelt like that... Well, as I'm sure you could understand I was very aggreived at a promise being renaged at !! 

In the meantime, you increased my payment plan without consulting me.... I could only just afford my payments but EU quoted paragraph this, sub section that, clause youknowhat.... Now I'm getting befuddled Rolleyes

I JUST WANT MY BIKE FIXED.....

I contacted the complaints department and got put through to Relate who asked me to attend a bike maintenance course....so now I'm having to fix my own bike with my own resources because another EU manager (perm 1 from 27)  cannot find the original complaint paperwork and now EU won't honour it's original agreement and declared this course a resolution to the matter.... Oh, increase my payment again....

Well my bike is limping along, I say limping.... More chugging as my 40+ year old bike is struggling with modern fuel, and as for oil.... I ran out of my supply of Duckhams a while back and the chippy down the road is now 15w/40 vegetable oil thanks to EU so your technically your trying to beat me into submission..... Not fair  Tongue

And as for your stinking Top Box..   it's in my garden pushing up Daisies and sprouting Daffodils once a year !! 

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Some hope on the horizon.... or fake news?!

The financial market is sorted....EU have agreed terms. 

Now then.... fake news.. how much of this has been floating around on both sides? One downside of the bloody internet....

Just to clarify the "divorce bill" was a reference to having to pay off the PCP and has no connection to Mrs D, who doesn't care whether I get another bike, or not as long as it has a comfy pillion seat and she gets to keep her horse and a fresh supply of Das Auto's Rolleyes
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
(01-11-2018, 08:09 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Some hope on the horizon.... or fake news?!

The financial market is sorted....EU have agreed terms. 

Now then.... fake news.. how much of this has been floating around on both sides? One downside of the bloody internet....

Dunno Doc, I keep hearing about "Project Fear", but nobody has yet provided a lucid example of what it is, or might be ?

Now, exactly when did we stop buying New Zealand lamb and when do I get my Unicorn ?
I think you’ll need to see if Unicorn passes EU standards first...!

I was looking at this from both sides of the argument, as there’s been a solid defence for the Remain....

Now.... if Putin decides to venture West and became our new PM... Laugh life would simply go on..things may change over time as will life without the EU
Simplistic, I know... but life will go on.

Well looks like I have been proven right I said the day after Brexit we would never leave, we will still be paying, you won’t see a slow down on immigration, we have given it all away, we have managed to well and truly fecked our self
Hope not Hate 
We were damed if we did and damed if we didn’t. Don’t see what difference it makes overall. Nothing has changed ultimately. Tories will get fucked off now, Labour gets in - another referendum and we step back into fold. Just a game!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
As the old saying goes, a week in politics.

The real facts are not being published unless you dig deep to the sources, at present all the stories are being presented to us by political analysts, who by dint of their profession are biased.

And has anyone ever known a politician tell us the real truth?!

To me the EU is a toxic organisation, the Italian situation now strangely isn’t being reported...but I imagine that is giving Brussels far more a headache than Brexit.

Just when you think this circus couldn’t get any worse it finds a new level of low,
Hope not Hate 
No, I think it's been like that for a while now, May really doesn't have a clue, does she really think everyone's going to come back after Christmas and think, oh go on then Theresa Shy

I'm more worried about Kev getting "Damed" !!!

Do we have to start calling him Edna ?
Laugh Laugh Laugh
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Laugh Laugh Laugh

Oh Dear! Where has it all gone wrong....

I suspect Mrs May to be a liar....!

(12-12-2018, 08:15 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Oh Dear! Where has it all gone wrong....

For me it all went wrong when the Tory party agreed to have the vote, people didn’t, probably still don’t understand what they voted for, Brexit is and was always going to be a shambles, the Brexit vote was a protest against austerity an opportunity for racists people who think England is still in 1870 a few rich individuals who see an opportunity to feck the working man & woman over with no rules to stop them.
Hope not Hate 
The whole political system/regime needs to be brought into the 21st century.... How can a centuries old system fairly run in a modern day society ??  Undecided
Ahh... well...

I can see Theresa May getting ready to put her head on the chopping block..

(12-12-2018, 11:13 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Ahh... well...

I can see Theresa May getting ready to put her head on the chopping block..

Fat chance of that by my reckoning, she'll postpone her own execution till 30th March 2019, declare martial law and get her mates in Saudi to bomb the crap out of anyone North of Luton, the only thing Orwell got wrong was the date of his book, 1984 was Thatcher's era
(12-12-2018, 08:34 AM)Buffalo Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 08:15 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Oh Dear! Where has it all gone wrong....

For me it all went wrong when the Tory party agreed to have the vote, people didn’t, probably still don’t understand what they voted for, Brexit is and was always going to be a shambles, the Brexit vote was a protest against austerity an opportunity for racists people who think England is still in 1870 a few rich individuals who see an opportunity to feck the working man & woman over with no rules to stop them.

According to a recent poll around 20% of Leave voters still believe the £350 million figure from the side of Boris' bus Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "What did you Learn Today" Thread. lbk 750 87,050 01-04-2019, 10:35 PM
Last Post: DrMarten
  LBK’S I’m disgusted or not disgusted thread. lbk 36 705 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Last Post: lbk
  The just saying thread. lbk 62 5,620 30-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  The trip down memory lane thread. lbk 40 3,224 17-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Last Post: lbk