Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brexit Thread.
Research just out, floating voters picked Leave because the were unhappy with Tory cuts and disastrous austerity economics plunging us ever further into debt.

Anybody who still says "it was the will of the people" needs stringing up by the short and curlies, it was never their will and if it was, why are they so scared of holding a second referendum now that everyone knows what a bunch of conmen Leave turned out to be.

Can you put up a link to where all cars are going to have to be self-parking, because I'm fecked if I can find it (Daily Mail, Express, etc, automatically disallowed on the grounds of talking bollocks 190% of the time). 

"Now, wasn’t it the EU only a few years ago changed manufacturers dealer networks support, in forcing them to allow independent garages to be able to compete with the main dealer networks....." in short, no, they stopped them from voiding warranties on new cars because they weren't dealer serviced, an action largely led by a concerted campaign over several years by our own Trading Standards.

Now they're all banging on about how we're going to have to drop CE Marking and adopt some home-brewed version, utter crap designed to stir up more anti-EU feeling, as it happens I'm currently compiling the Technical Files for a major British Government contract, nothing in the real world about having to recertify everything.
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
btw Doc "Illigitimi non carborundumis a made up saying, not a real Latin quote Tongue Laugh
(04-02-2019, 01:48 PM)Dilbert Wrote: btw Doc "Illigitimi non carborundumis a made up saying, not a real Latin quote Tongue Laugh

Latin that’s European lazy feckers I bet that’s fake news why not a good ye old English saying like “feck you Nissan Aerospace & Sony stick you’re jobs I want a zero hours contract and no health care”
Having taken Latin, I know.....
Illigitimi non carborundum.
https://twitter.com/bbcarchive/status/10...38209?s=21

40 years on same old gammon lol anyway just a few weeks away from good old imperial measurements, you have to feel sorry for that bloke who did 10 years in the war ? Feck best anyone else did was 6 mmmmm perhaps it was some metric conversion lol
Nowt wrong with lbs and oz and ' & " 's  Laugh
(05-02-2019, 09:48 AM)Panman Chips Wrote: Nowt wrong with lbs and oz and ' & " 's  Laugh

LMAO that vid is class the old girl in the electric buggy would make a great Mancrider 

It is odd how i mix imperial and metric I run distance in kilometres but work on miles per hour ? I do some Tri events metric others imperial
Decimalisation started in 1969, when I did Tech Drawing at school (left in '74) it was all in metric, only when I left school that I had to cope with American inch (they don't like to call it "Imperial" for some reason), BSP, BA, NPT, fractional and decimal inch.

Can't see a return to non-ISO units personally, still order bacon and chicken, etc, from the butcher's in lbs, even if he weighs it and charges in kg's Big Grin
(02-02-2019, 10:06 PM)Buffalo Wrote: Well well Nissan pull the plug along with others moving and voting with their feet in a Brexit world, still Sunderland voted leave maybe they are getting what they deserve 

It won’t collapse the day after Brexit or the following week or month it’s a slow slide

That’s cos most of my home town ihabitants are a bit thick and can not spot the direct coalition between the two things ..... mind Nissan was Magies gift for fucking all the ship yards & miners etc and still the tories carry on fucking the average working fellow over  Sad
My real name is Dave 
Sooooo!!!!!! May and wanker are re-opening negotiations then. The Brussels mafia have come out and said. A no deal would be a catastrophic disaster for the UK and the EU. They are absolutely shitting themselves. 

Listened to May tonight and there was no mention of a no deal. What a bunch of Weaseling bunch of wankers. I think you’ll find, we’ll have a common sense, grown up negotiations that both sides benefit. Don’t you just love politics.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Ford now looking to pull production, probably diesel, or they had already planned to do it, maybe it’s false news, did I miss that big red bus with take back control and feck off the motor industry
Kev

May is trying to reopen negotiations, but has nothing to offer, the EU countries are pissing there selves laughing at the UK's feeble efforts, May won't talk to other parties and is determined to run down the clock so that it's her deal, or no deal, as soon as it's done and the real shit/ fan interface starts she'll call an election and leave it for someone else to sort out.

It's taken 2 1/2 years to get nowhere and the Tories are proving themselves more and more incompetent, Trump is like a vulture sat ready to strip the flesh off us and shit everywhere, how anybody can still think this was a good idea is totally beyond me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "What did you Learn Today" Thread. lbk 723 80,810 13-02-2019, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Buffalo
  LBK’S I’m disgusted or not disgusted thread. lbk 36 420 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Last Post: lbk
  The just saying thread. lbk 62 5,308 30-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  The trip down memory lane thread. lbk 40 3,063 17-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Last Post: lbk