Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brexit Thread.
Channel 4 Brexit The Uncivil War fecking spot on best TV I have seen

On the radio yesterday, the subject was raised of merely mentioning the word Brexit, people are now flinching at the sound of the word...

Ironic really.... can’t the media see they’ve had more than a metaphorical finger in the pie....
Illigitimi non carborundum.
Good news this morning, the DUP have binned May's amended deal before she's even tabled it Big Grin

Expect the "meaningful vote" next Tuesday to be put back till mid-August Confused
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
In a sick way the Brexit madness is actually quite entertaining

I’m beginning to see the slight ironic humour in it all.

Speaking to friends in Germany, they’ve not heard much about it recently, on raising the subject, they honestly thought we had given up leaving and decided to stay.... but that’s the unbiased German press for you!
Well today’s the day how do people see this playing out, I am thinking this might be the beginning of the end, we must now return for a further referendum to determine A, Mays deal B, no deal or C, remain given the shambles leavers have walked us towards remain will be the hands down option, we can get on with taking back our place in Europe shaping the future

Had we taken the Norway+ option we could have had a half decent Brexit I could have probably gone for that

It will be absolutely fine. It’s all one big fucking game. I’ll steak my life on it. Nobody will lose out. The steaks are to high for everyone. They’ll be a last minute breakthrough. Just you wait and see.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
I love you Kev  Heart

Well, we will know soon enough.

Whatever May’s motives are... and I don’t think she is playing the Honest Broker she thinks she is...

Rumour has is, there is an aircraft awaiting her at a London RAF base to whisk her to Brussels after the vote to renegotiate with the EU... 

Now... I do recall her saying.... it’s deal or no deal time... one or the other....

Jackanory, jackanory....
(Yesterday, 10:20 AM)Buffalo Wrote: Well today’s the day how do people see this playing out, I am thinking this might be the beginning of the end, we must now return for a further referendum to determine A, Mays deal B, no deal or C, remain given the shambles leavers have walked us towards remain will be the hands down option, we can get on with taking back our place in Europe shaping the future

Had we taken the Norway+ option we could have had a half decent Brexit I could have probably gone for that

Have you seen the price of beer and bacon in Norway Exclamation

Doc
If she does go off to Brussels then she needs to first ask for a time extension, it's taken her two years to get her current clusterfuck bullshit deal.

Kev
Why are the "steaks" high, have they gone off, or has someone put them out of your reach - Just askin' Tongue
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
You say Stakes - my predictive text says steaks. You say low, Bruce says - higher dear, higher. What do I know!
Feck her ! 

She’s lost the plot Dilly...
Yep! I’ll go with that. Dilly Dilly!
The biggest problem with May, she was a staunch remainer.

Anyone with such strong leanings will want to go with their beliefs, sadly she then said she would be impartial.

Sadly, she seems to have been busy in cahoots her Euro cronies....

Deal or No Deal.... now we could be on a negotiated compromise ..... then MPs subverting the course of democracy....

God knows what’s going to happen....
Whatever happens the country will never get what it wanted in the first place...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-YMamone8

This might help explain things

I smell freshly roasting goose.....
Now negotiations can start. We go back to the EU and say.... put something decent on the table or we all lose out. A feckin con from the start.
Been reading the rag tops .... the EU view from the cheap seats... Why not stay?! There’s less chaos in the EU..... 

I think get fucked is my reply.... Nice try!

But the wider view from our Euro cousins is .... Good Bye. You’ve made your choice, so just go... even they sound brassed off with May’s Monkey Business....

Besides me being a Brexit person.... the Govt need to realise there was a democratic referendum. It’s not about who won or lost...or potential losses or gains, the pivotal point that the political elite are still failing to realise is... they have to carry out the result of that referendum. Constitutionally, it will be a disaster for the UK should this legitimate process be ignored.

Me? I can see us remaining in the EU with multiple exit dates coming and going...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "What did you Learn Today" Thread. lbk 675 77,886 07-01-2019, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Badboybez
  LBK’S I’m disgusted or not disgusted thread. lbk 36 279 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Last Post: lbk
  The just saying thread. lbk 62 5,055 30-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  The trip down memory lane thread. lbk 40 2,964 17-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Last Post: lbk