Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s landed.... Honda’s CRF 450L
Am I right in stating that we have the strangled version due to Euro4 and the Yanks have the full fat version.... as they seem to be crowing about that on the other side of the pond...

Not that I know of. But the Yanks have more terrain that suits the bike perfectly. And to be fair there’s nothing wrong with the bike other than the price.
I am Spartacus 
Far from me berating the 450, I do love it and if money were no object... I would have one. There is a lot of misinformation about power.... 

Plus YouTube isn’t the most reliable source of information...but time and again they do make these claims.

I doubt the big H would get an engine wrong, but as you say, the pricing is way too salty.

Only two major things put me off. The price and why detune a perfectly good engine. Other than that. I like it. I don't love it, I just like it  A bit over stated for a weekend warrior off roader TBF. Just saying Angel
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(20-01-2019, 03:42 PM)lbk Wrote: Only two major things put me off. The price and why detune a perfectly good engine. Other than that. I like it. I don't love it, I just like it  A bit over stated for a weekend warrior off roader TBF. Just saying Angel

They have detuned the engine to increase the service intervals and therefore making the bike being able to be used for longer reliabily. For example the CRF450R that the engine comes from needs an engine oil change after every 5 hours of use, gearbox oil changed every 8 hours, valve check every 30 hours and new piston/ring every 60 hours!!
I am Spartacus 
Disgusting those intervals.
Noticed that the CRF450L is on offer with a price reduction...

Ironically.... a smidgeon away from its nearest competitor.... KTM 690.

How much?
£9499 now

Still to much for a bike like that.
Still pricey!
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Indeed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Honda Monkey 125 DrMarten 23 1,849 30-10-2018, 07:04 PM