Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead headset
well as those who did brekkie at the Raven on 23/9/18 will known my dammed Bluetooth headset died in the torrential rains of Thursday .... I was pondering a solution with Nolan’s latest updated version coming in at £254.99!! Or an old one the same as died £149.99 ... well J&S who I rarely trust fired up a 20% off flash sale so bagged the new style for £203 ..... still criminal really but it fits my helmet properly so what the feck I thought may as well spend some more whilst on a run ? .... reckon I get more like Ray by the day ?
My real name is Dave 
Happy new headset  Wink

I think Ray would have gone for Bose or B&O, and bought a new carbon helmet to match, so you’re not quite at his level yet  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Phew I was worried but your right he probably would have  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
What make off headset did you get? 

I’m pondering replacing my Shoei Neotec as it’s 4-years-old, possibly for exactly the same lid (it’s in sales as it’s been replaced) and Sena do a set which are made to fit really discretely, but I’ve never used Sena.
I am Spartacus 
I’ve heard Sena is top notch, no pun intended.

The kit has the power and quality compared to most.
To be fair the Interphone set I have do the job I need of it, but it's a lump stuck on the outside of the helmet - I do see a benefit to having something nicely integrated inside, just in case.
I am Spartacus 
Same here, I’m sure I read that the BMW helmet has a built in comms pack.... by the time I regained consciousness after being informed as to the cost.....
(24-09-2018, 08:48 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: What make off headset did you get? 

I’m pondering replacing my Shoei Neotec as it’s 4-years-old, possibly for exactly the same lid (it’s in sales as it’s been replaced) and Sena do a set which are made to fit really discretely, but I’ve never used Sena.

It’s a Nolan N104 lid the dead kit was the B1.4 the new one is the 901R was dabbling with the 901L R which adds a LED rear light that’s has magic accelerometers to act as a brake light but that was £270 + £15 shipping and could only find Italian sellers
My real name is Dave 
Take your pick, I got the Scala Rider Q twin paired, clips on the side of most helmets, it seems a bit intermittent these days, but the newer ones are supposed to be better.

https://www.bargainbikerbrands.com/catal...q=intercom
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
DrMarten Wrote:I’ve heard Sena is top notch, no pun intended.

The kit has the power and quality compared to most.

Been doing some looking around at the built-in Sena options for the lids I'm considering - got to say I'm not liking what I hear and does seem that, apart from being more integrated, it might be a backwards step from my Interphone. Reckon I'll be sticking to a lump on the side.

Just need to decide what helmet, and how to pay for it!  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
First rule of engineering......don’t fix something that ain’t broke. Well actually, it’s always use LBK’S KISS approach. Here endeth the lesson.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Bloody Luddite!

People like you still believe the earth to be flat? We’ve been to the moon and back ya’ knows.
(09-10-2018, 05:28 PM)DrMarten Wrote: We’ve been to the moon and back ya’ knows.

You really think so?
I am Spartacus 
Look... I know man went to the moon... it was on TV... I watched it live.....!

But I do question why we’ve never been back... Wink
(09-10-2018, 07:25 PM)DrMarten Wrote: But I do question why we’ve never been back... Wink

This is kinda my thinking too
I am Spartacus 
The one question that I have is....

How could you have live TV from the Moon.... when you could barely get live TV from around the corner.....
And all done with the computing power of a couple of ZX Spectrums   Laugh
I am Spartacus 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bike still dead, EGR? MarkW7 7 680 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Guest