Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MANCRIDERS EURO JUNE 2019
OK after the juices were flowing at Compos last night....ideas

Stress that these are only ideas at this stage with a rough working out.....

Kev wants big! So say 12 + days to start with and maybe trim down....just by Google maps and hitting approx cities and a loop(ish)

Taking in: Netherlands - Germany - Denmark - Sweden - Norway - Estonia - Latvia - Lithuania - Poland

1: Overnight Ferry Hull - Rotterdam.

2: Rotterdam - Hamburg 300 miles

3: Hamburg - Odense 192 miles

4: Odense - Gothenburg 285 miles

5: Gothenburg - Oslo 200 miles

6: Oslo - Stockolm 330 miles

7: Stockholm - Tallinn (Ferry - 15hr sailing)

8: Tallinn - Riga 235 miles

9: Riga - Klaipeda 195 miles

10: Klaipeda - Gdansk  230 miles

11: Gdansk - Berlin 300 miles

12: Berlin - Rotterdam (Overnight ferry home)

Accomodation: See how it goes! I'm happy booking digs as we go and take the tent!

Ferry prices unavailable as of yet - but doing a serach the Hull - Rotterdam ranges from £200 - £300
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Personally I'd probably rather go further up Norway and Sweden than Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania etc.

Perhaps from Oslo head up the Norweigan Coast to Nordkapp then down through Sweden? Quite a trek mind...
I am Spartacus 
Estonia ?? What’s not to like lol https://youtu.be/4R0oXjIzOx4

Norway has some fantastic places to visit especially further north I keep thinking about this event but it’s fecking bonkers and expensive https://youtu.be/FRnJbmGSrRg

Having seen a lot of Norway and Sweden...they are massive countries, well worth spending time there.

The cost of living is much higher than ours, based on that, why not look at them and leave the Polish/Estonian bit for another time.

Two reasons.... Offsetting the money spend getting there to spend in the Nordics instead and enjoy that part. 
The other is.... the Former East Germany is still grim with a capital G. After leaving the West German area, still now the money hasn’t got to the former communist state... just sayin’! But once you get to Poland you are back into the 21st century....

Whatever you choose, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, just this is my POV from past experiences.
Illigitimi non carborundum.
either up the danish pennisula across swede into finland

or to travemunde in northern germany ferry to villnius then ride north to finland

didnt stay in norway but petrol was £1.10 a litre when i went

food wasnt too bad either

ferries arent expensive to it from dane or swede

oslo is on the other hand £££££££ - places to stay not in summer cheapest place in basic b and b was 100+
will ride for food............belfast  for brekky or ypres for a wafel - oh yes
You coming on this gig Hairynet?
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
To get us in the mood:

I am Spartacus 
Having a quick look at this. Whilst it would be great to get right up to the top it's a fair trek and will take quite a while so I think we may need to pare it down a bit.

How about this:

1: Overnight Ferry Hull - Rotterdam.

2: Rotterdam - Hamburg 330 miles 5h

3: Hamburg - Odense 192 miles 3h 30m

4: Odense - Gothenburg 293 miles 4h 45m

5: Gothenburg - Oslo 200 miles 3h 10m

6: Oslo – Flåm 210 miles 5h

7: Flåm – Geiranger (via Stryn) 177 miles 5h + Ferry

8: Geiranger – Molde (via Trollstigen) 90 miles 3h 40m + Ferry

9: Molde – Oppdal (via Atlantic Ocean Road) 158 miles 4h

10: Oppdal – Oslo 237 miles 5h 14m

11: Oslo – Malmo 350 miles 5h 40m

12: Malmo – Bremen 300 miles 5h 45m + Ferry

13: Bremen – Rotterdam 263 miles 4h (overnight ferry to Hull)

The circular route in Norway is pretty much what the guys do in the video.

If you look on the map it would be shorter to go to Northern Italy which I know was another option Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Holy moly!!! That sounds amazing, however! There’s no way on Gods earth I could go on a tour for that length of time. The mighty one would have my bollocks on a slab. Great options though. We’re taking the kidiwinks away from the 22/29th June. So I have to work around that.
I think looking at it, realistically! It’s going to be Denmark, Norway and Sweden in a loop. As it’s already been pointed out. Norway and Sweden are feckin huge. 

First of all, we need to set a date and how long we’re away. Then the rest we can plan. 

Now would you consider me Churlish if I said 7 to 8 days? If that’s possible, let me know so I can take a longer up to wife.
(21-08-2018, 08:35 PM)lbk Wrote: Now would you consider me Churlish if I said 7 to 8 days? If that’s possible, let me know so I can take a longer up to wife.

One word, no.

It’s just too far unless we do massive tramping and even then it’ll be a case of getting there and turning around to head back. 2 weeks minimum I reckon.

If you’ve only got 8 days I reckon we need a closer destination.
I am Spartacus 
Holy facartchia! I’ll have a word with the mighty one. Give me a bit of time will ya. I’m going to need a long slow run up for this one. I’m taking her out weekend. I’ll get her pissed and then ask. I’ll record too, because if she agrees then she can’t back out of it can she. See! Always thinking.  Cool
(21-08-2018, 09:24 PM)lbk Wrote: Holy facartchia! I’ll have a word with the mighty one. Give me a bit of time will ya. I’m going to need a long slow run up for this one. I’m taking her out weekend. I’ll get her pissed and then ask. I’ll record too, because if she agrees then she can’t back out of it can she. See! Always thinking.  Cool

Mate, she’ll see through that, as you look through a plate glass door. Next!
Laugh Laugh
Just get her told. Pussy!

Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Laugh Laugh
(21-08-2018, 11:58 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Just get her told. Pussy!

Laugh

It’s been said before that you’re a mischievous bugger...

But this is dastardly, even by your standards.

You know Bev will knock him out.... don’t you... Laugh
She would, but he would never be so bold so I reckon his chops are safe.
I am Spartacus 
I did what you said Ledwankio! They are not going to keep me in overnight.  Laugh
Laugh Laugh  But at least you’ll be free for the tour, divorced, but free.
I am Spartacus 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Germany Ledwardio 25 192 10-11-2018, 12:34 PM
Last Post: anthony1664
  RTTW REGISTRATION AND MANCRIDERS Man C Rider 73 1,351 10-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Last Post: DrMarten
  RTTW 10th ANNIVERSARY. REMEMBER TO USE MANCRIDERS Man C Rider 63 6,199 09-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Mancriders Monkey ride 2018 lbk 11 1,150 28-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Last Post: lbk