Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salford by the Sea...
If memory serves....

I’m sure Glenda asked me about this place sometime ago, and if it had closed down?! The signage of Salford ..... memory escapes me but it was originally a holiday site for underprivileged or unwell children from Salford.
Back in the 70’s it was still going strong after decades of use, however, pretty sure it closed in the late 80’s only to reopen? In private hands, seems to be flourishing once again with ex pat Salfordians and Mancunians....

http://www.rhyljournal.co.uk/news/163884...eginnings/
Funnily enough I’m going there in a few weeks to supposedly look after 42 brownies!

Just had to do my DBS check again  Laugh
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Can’t knock you for that!

Was in Chester on Wednesday, when there was a large scouting presence there. Reminded me of the days I was in both the cubs and scouts, the field trips we had and the nightmare of the Monkey Business we would get upto AND THE PATIENCE of the scout leaders putting up with us!

I have enormous respect for those who volunteer...
I’ve got a headache just thinking about it  Laugh

In Madness You Dwell

You hate kidz Bez .... what’s going on!!! And do they have a brown dress that fits you  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
Hoodwinked into mate Sad

Only good thing is I’ve got a dorm to myself  Smile

In Madness You Dwell

And brown owl  who will sneak in under the cover of darkness  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
You’ll be getting a ‘disgusting report’ filed  Cool

In Madness You Dwell

Made it and I didn't lose one Laugh

In Madness You Dwell

How’s your sanity though? Assuming it was mostly intact beforehand  Wink
I am Spartacus 
I genuinely take my hat off to mate. Sterling effort. To be fair though. They must st be decent kids. The scrotes, chavs and feral fuckers bred by the scum, wouldn’t go near an organisation like the brownies.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Same here ......

We used to give our leaders some real grief.....but thats why they enjoy looking after the kids anyway.

Good on you.... Are you doing it again then?
He’ll be Akhala within a month.
That’s the boy sprouts....!
Very well behaved and the peeps that ran the camp were glad we were there!

Previous week a load of scum kids stayed and smashed the place up and broke into store rooms etc.

In Madness You Dwell

Feral feckers! No excuses with these scum bags. I had.....shal we say an unconventional start in life. Trust me, I grew up amongst some right wrong uns. We had fuck all - and I mean fuck all, but we never did anything like that. We certainly wasn’t up to any of that shit. When I was younger, I actually appreciated being around nice people. Never took advantage of kindness.
Where are the photos of Bez in his Brown Owl outfit that’s what I want to know  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
I’m sure you and Bez will have rifled through some costumes at work Dave... those photos would be worth a fortune ..... I can see it now... The Ugly Sisters... Oh! Yes you can....
(02-09-2018, 12:23 PM)DrMarten Wrote: I’m sure you and Bez will have rifled through some costumes at work Dave... those photos would be worth a fortune ..... I can see it now... The Ugly Sisters... Oh! Yes you can....

Ahr but I don’t work in a place with costumes no more .... I sell lights, sound and stage stuff to them ?
My real name is Dave 
Denial can be a dark place to be....

Bez will find something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunday evening ride to Salford hospital Owdgit 4 559 18-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Last Post: lbk