Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Croft - 5th July
Nervously looking forward to this, it’s nice not to be too worried about the weather for once. 

Just been told that the Coaches will be Lee Johnston, Steve Brogan, Richard Cooper, Jenny Tinmouth and Christian Iddon. I hope they are ready for the level of mediocrity I can bring to the track Laugh

Will report back...
I am Spartacus 
GOOD LUCK...... Confused
Illigitimi non carborundum.
Have fun Big Grin
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Enjoy it mate. Fuck what you think other people think mate. I wouldn’t mind a one to one with Jenny. That Woman can ride a bike. She’s fantastic. I bet Lee J is good for a few tips too. It’ll be a great experience for you mate.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
enjoy, plenty of photos

Jenny is our MCBB famous face Patron
My real name is Dave 
Excellent day today - proper fooked now Laugh

Pictures to follow when the photographer makes them available
I am Spartacus 
Need a full write and pictures tomorrow Lee.
Might be tomorrow’s tomorrow, or even the tomorrow after that Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Not good enough! You are beginning to disgust me.  Full SP tomorrow or there will be consequences.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I am Spartacus 
Now boys.... it’s beginning to sound like a bitch fight, and that disgusts me on a mild level.
Not as much as it disgusts Kev McHobbit  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Not sure what kinda full write-up you want Kevmondo but here's an outline to the day.

[Image: IMG_1411.JPG]

Compulsory briefing was at 8.45 so I headed up there for 8. Signed my life away, got a wristband and stood about looking useless while everyone was busying around with tyre warmers and the like. My total prep was to fold the mirrors in and drop the tyre pressures a bit.

At the briefing the format of the day was explained, the flags explained etc - fairly standard stuff. We were split into 3 groups of about 17 people, I opted for the steady green group. Then we were paired with our instructors, Steve Brogan and Richard Cooper. 

We were first group out so we lined up in the pit lane and they did the noise test before we went out for 2 slow and steady sighting laps. I was nervous about the noise from the Fireblade but in the end it was only putting out 94db where the limit was 102db - perhaps I could have left the baffle out.

Then we went back out for the remainder of our session, with the instructors showing us the lines to take. It's quite a nadgery track out the back and felt a bit off at first, like it didn't flow very well.

[Image: croft_track_guide.gif]

After each session we gathered in a room and Brogie and Coop (yeah, we were bro's) went through what they wanted us to concentrate on the next session, and reflected on what we had done in the last session.

Basically everyone needed to hang off the bike more, this was hammered home all day! Then other bits were added; track position, rolling into corners off the throttle, carrying more speed etc. All passed on with a bit of a laugh and nothing patronising.

Every time we went out things got smoother and the bits of the track that felt off started to smooth out and make sense.

With it being so hot and me having to lift my fat arse off the seat every corner I was pretty knackered, and my thighs are fucked today  Laugh

The Blade didn't miss a beat and kept up nicely with a lot more modern tackle, it's mucky now though, mostly from the drive there and back though.

It may cost a bit more than a standard trackday, but the Whitham days are worth it. Such small groups (a no limits day would have 40-50 people on track at any time) and the tuition was great.

They include the photos for nowt too so when they are available I'll add a few, unless they are shit  Laugh

Obligatory melted tyre pics:

[Image: IMG_1410.JPG]

[Image: IMG_1409.JPG]
I am Spartacus 
Confused weren't they like that when I sold you the bike Lee

Laugh Laugh Laugh

That’s some effort Lee....
There was some on there yes, but they were added to and replaced. Tyres were getting pretty darn hot!
I am Spartacus 
Looked like good fast road / track tyres looks certainly like you made the most of them

They certainly didn’t let me down
I am Spartacus 
Sounds a mint day Lee. Definitely turned them tyres into man's tyres. Did you learn anything?