Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biker Down
Did one of these yesterday, took about 3.5 hours and covers accident scene management, general road craft and observations/ Hazard Awareness and basic first aid (including the when to and how to of helmet removal). Good afternoon in good company, even if half of them seemed be from a Manchester HOG

Ours was delivered by a mix of volunteers from the Fire Brigade, ex-cops and an ex-Army medic at the all new Fire Station/ Safety Central building at Lymm (opposite the Services), for bikers, by bikers

http://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-sa...biker-down

Heartily recommended
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
How was Keith? His normal slightly barking self? Was the slightly scary Carol on duty who is in charge of everything or thinks she is  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
Can't remember their names, but they were all slightly "off-kilter" so doesn't really matter, is Keith the medic guy ?, box of frogs eaten by a bag of badgers, he was saying about the degrees of injury and those you die from straight away, his first example was "if your head comes off" which he described as "sub-optimal", there were a couple of women instructors, we got one called Hazel, not entirely of this planet Big Grin

All good stuff though and we got to play with the toy defibrillators, etc
So you reckon it’s worth doing then?
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Seen a few likely candidates today....
Definitely Kev, not really enough time to cover everything fully, but enough so you can maybe keep someone alive till the blue lights get there
(03-07-2018, 01:05 PM)Dilbert Wrote: Can't remember their names, but they were all slightly "off-kilter" so doesn't really matter, is Keith the medic guy ?, box of frogs eaten by a bag of badgers, he was saying about the degrees of injury and those you die from straight away, his first example was "if your head comes off" which he described as "sub-optimal", there were a couple of women instructors, we got one called Hazel, not entirely of this planet Big Grin

All good stuff though and we got to play with the toy defibrillators, etc

Keith’s the tall gangly guy with glasses tends to tell bad jokes and holds his hands together when talking
My real name is Dave 
(03-07-2018, 02:10 PM)lbk Wrote: So you reckon it’s worth doing then?

Deffo worth it, it’s free they supply buiscuits and brews, big of humour and a good insight into the basics. You can buy a natty 1st aid kit too for £5 monies go 100% to the air ambulance as the kits were sponsored by some solicitor firm
My real name is Dave 
I’m sold! Anybody fancy joining me?
(05-07-2018, 09:10 PM)lbk Wrote: I’m sold! Anybody fancy joining me?

Aye - get some dates
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

October is good for me. How do we see about booking Steve or Dave?
Click on the previously supplied link
http://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-sa...biker-down

Go to
Date of courses
The next courses are taking place on:
  • Sunday 30th September at Safety Central in Lymm, 12pm until 4pm
  • Sunday 28th October at Safety Central in Lymm, 12pm until 4pm
  • Sunday 25th November at Safety Central in Lymm, 12pm until 4pm
  • Sunday 16th December at Safety Central in Lymm, 12pm until 4pm
Places are limited, so please book a place on the course by sending an email to [email protected]

Send an email

Or
For more information contact Frances Egerton at Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service on 01606 868295 or email [email protected]

Rolleyes
Of course you may prefer to go to one more local to you Kev, but I don't know if Tameside, or Yorkshire do them ? Laugh
(06-07-2018, 12:28 PM)Dilbert Wrote: Of course you may prefer to go to one more local to you Kev, but I don't know if Tameside, or Yorkshire do them ? Laugh

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Thanks Steve. O! And feck off with that Yorkshire shit.  Laugh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Biker lbk 2 467 27-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ChrisJH
  Cat and Fiddle biker banned MarkW7 7 1,194 31-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Seth
  Biker dies trying to break 300 MPH record. lbk 1 353 20-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Justin biker lbk 16 1,553 31-05-2013, 10:33 AM