Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed awareness course.
Spent all Saturday afternoon doing a speed awareness course. Cost me £90 dabs. Been on one before and have to say - it was feckin shite! Patronized beyond belief - full of Scouse - arsehole taxi drivers. 

This course - was fantastic! Completely different with a mixed bag of "clients" the course guys were great. No patronising, talking down to you or being totally full of their own - self importance.

I actually came away thinking - I've really learnt something today. The course is completely different to how it used to be. It's designed to really get you thinking about your actions and the knock on effects, as well as educating you. 

Really good course that I think is well worth doing IMHO.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Well.... everyday is a school day!

The one I went on was classic... the car drivers were identified ... then the white van drivers and then the bikers!
It was the white van drivers who were the fastest! Overspeeding by a long chalk compared to the other road users.
However, it was the women and over 65s driving cars who were the biggest group!
A good mix of people is essential, we had a really Old Chap who kept needing the loo.... at first he exclaimed it was his diabetes, then his prostate and finally the woman lecturer... who never stopped talking.... he made the course really enjoyable with his off the cuff, wholly un PC comments!
Our Lecturers were like a double act. Not a very funny one.......but a polished professional one. They tried throwing in the odd one liner, but to an old board treader like me. It was clearly pre-written and part of the script.
I did one quite a few years ago and found it quite informative, they were serious but not patronising.

It was amazing, though not necessarily surprising, at how many people in the group did not know the simplest of road signs, rules or speed limits etc.

I do think driving standards would better, and hence safer, if we had to re-test for our licences every 10-years or so. I'd hate to do it, but I think it would be beneficial.
I am Spartacus 
When's your third visit booked in for Kev? Laugh
I went on one 7-8 years ago in North Wales, they were all complaining about the bad fog and then I turned up on the Versys, there was an "older lady" who was quite sniffy about reckless bikers, until I kept getting all the questions right, she ended up wanting to join a bike gang (nearly) Big Grin

Having been banned twice I try to keep to no more than 2 speeding offences in any three year period, my last one was courtesy of Powys Heddlu about three years ago, so I'm probably about due another one Undecided
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
I'm very surprised at Kev, he's normally like driving miss daisy  It was either to get home or to the pie shop.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Pie Shop gets my vote.
(02-07-2018, 12:13 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: When's your third visit booked in for Kev? Laugh

(02-07-2018, 02:35 PM)Lefty Wrote: I'm very surprised at Kev, he's normally like driving miss daisy  It was either to get home or to the pie shop.

(02-07-2018, 05:14 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Pie Shop gets my vote.

You all make me sick.
Are you sure your reg plates are on your van? I wouldn’t put it past a certain person to have swapped them.....and you are picking up his tickets....
(02-07-2018, 06:29 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Are you sure your reg plates are on your van? I wouldn’t put it past a certain person to have swapped them.....and you are picking up his tickets....

Only a true weasel would do that  Laugh
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

There’s a few true Weasels around here. Just saying!
Did you not use head weasels “I know I was speeding” line when doing the intros
My real name is Dave 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed with Guy Martin lbk 18 1,319 10-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Speed with Guy Martin lbk 3 446 29-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Last Post: lbk
  Guy Martin Speed vrs F1 lbk 8 1,129 19-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Lemming
  Guy Martin's Triumph record speed attempt. lbk 3 704 17-07-2015, 08:23 AM