Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Scotland Tour - mid to September.
Could be rolling the dice here weather wise, but it’s the only time I have a long weekend free - this year. I’m thinking of having a meander around the North of Scotland. Inverness - around that way for a long weekend. Considering the current climate, could be a good chance, the weathers good. It will be a laid back kinda gig for 4 days.

Just thought I’d throw it out there first and see if there’s any interest. Been up to the North a few times, but never really explored it properly. I wouldn’t mind, getting some digs and pettling out etc. I’ll see what interest and ideas come in, then I’ll go fourth and multiply from there. I have control - standby standby.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(01-07-2018, 08:28 PM)lbk Wrote: Could be rolling the dice here weather wise, but it’s the only time I have a long weekend free - this year. I’m thinking of having a meander around the North of Scotland. Inverness - around that way for a long weekend. Considering the current climate, could be a good chance, the weathers good. It will be a laid back kinda gig for 4 days.

Just thought I’d throw it out there first and see if there’s any interest. Been up to the North a few times, but never really explored it properly. I wouldn’t mind, getting some digs and pettling out etc. I’ll see what interest and ideas come in, then I’ll go fourth and multiply from there. I have control - standby standby.

Well a curved ball has landed my way in the form of a booked time off 20th September to 2nd of October when me and Gail we’re due to book something away. She has gone and got a new job so looks like I have the holiday but she doesn’t so need to hatch a plan to make use of it
My real name is Dave 
Always fancy a bit of Scotland, but not sure what dates I can get free - the very last weekend could be an option but I’d have to dib out of a family trip to Centerparcs, always controversial.
I am Spartacus 
Yeah! I kinda have the same problem mate. The last two weekends I have free for myself. Just need a bit of time on the bike tbh. Nothing to heavy. I’ll definitely be doing something.
We could do the challenge checkpoints up that way ... just a thought
My real name is Dave 
Yup! Why not.
So we on then? I can do anything between 21stSept and 1st October
My real name is Dave 
Yep! Why the hell not!
Marvellous let the planning commence!

We need to bag in all the Scotland checkpoints and there is a Northumberland on I need too, dare say LBK and LeeWakio need the same
My real name is Dave 
Think I’ve done them Dave but happy to do them again.
Got anything in particular in mind Dave or we just winging it. Are we B&Bing it or B&Bing it? Laugh
[Image: dstEX4vZ_t.png] [Image: nhpFzFcN_t.png] [Image: UtGqfwNT_t.png] [Image: agwveSvN_t.png]">
(08-07-2018, 11:21 AM)lbk Wrote: Think I’ve done them Dave but happy to do them again.

Oh of course they will be on faulty card mk2  Laugh

We need:

The Commando Memorial
Lochaber
A82
Spean Bridge
Scotland
PH34 4EG

Oban War Memorial
Corran Esplanade Oban
Scotland
PA34 5AQ

Edinburgh Castle
Castle Hill
Edinburgh
EH1 2NG

Luftwaffe Pilot Graves
Portobello Cemetery
198 Milton Road East
Edinburgh
EH15 2PD

Scottish Korean War Memorial
Witchcraig Woods
Torpichen
EH48 4NW

Blyth Battery
South Beach
Northumberland
NE24 3PQ

Yep B&B works for me
My real name is Dave 
Can you lovebirds decide on some dates then I'll know whether I can join you or not
I am Spartacus 
Pick a date between the 20th September  and the 2nd of October. The clues are in the post god dam you! I’m quite flexible TBF. I’ll spell it out for you though. The arse end of September/ beginning of October. I will get Dave to reiterate what I have posted for you. I await your dates with baited breath.
(09-07-2018, 09:26 AM)lbk Wrote: Pick a date between the 20th September  and the 2nd of October. The clues are in the post god dam you! I’m quite flexible TBF. I’ll spell it out for you though. The arse end of September/ beginning of October. I will get Dave to reiterate what I have posted for you. I await your dates with baited breath.

jeez - poor Lefty working with this everyday Big Grin
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Badboybez Wrote:jeez - poor Lefty working with this everyday Big Grin

I know, I don't know how he copes. Laugh

Right Kev, the simple answer is I have 0 free weekends in that period of time Sad

As I said before the last weekend (29/30th) may be possible but it would mean trying to get out of our annual trip to CentreParcs and even my negotiating skills may not stretch that far.

So You and Shipbuilder Dave make a plan and if I can wangle it I will tag on.
I am Spartacus 
Plan !! We need a plan?? God that sounds like hard work!!! So wee Kev given Lee Wankio needs an excuse not to attend Centre parks I say head East & nail off Northumberland & Edinburgh then head north to your chosen top bits then back down the West taking in Glencoe aim to be heading southbound by 30th then Lee can thrash up to meet us depending how far he wishes to come in a weekend
My real name is Dave 
In the history of Mancriders the word PLAN never seems to appear.
I only meant as in; leave on X day, stay at X B&B, come back on X day - no one expects an itinerary  Laugh
I am Spartacus 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raven Cafe for breakfast anyone? Sunday 23rd September Badboybez 38 146 3 hours ago
Last Post: anthony1664
  North wales Phil254 15 799 06-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DrMarten
  MancRiders Spain Tour 2017 Lefty 474 31,629 19-05-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Croatia 2017 Potential tour destination. lbk 22 2,486 23-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Badboybez