Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic News bring it on
Brilliant news and long overdue, as Chris Boardman says it’s time to marginalise motoring in favour of healthier options, 1400 changes to traffic junctions to favour cyclists about time  Heart The next 20 years will see personal motorised transportation squeezed and people encouraged to live far healthier life styles, this £500m is a drop in the ocean compared to the NHS cost to keep all these fat unhealthy feckers alive, crack on  Big Grin

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.thegu...ng-network
 15.July.2018 14hrs 55mins 03seconds 

Laugh

Happy days for the Buffalo.

Something tells me the love affair with the car will slow down and I’m all in favour of tearing up cycle tracks built on old railway lines...simply to motivate the masses who went to car driving as they had no alternative.

I can’t see me and my job being vehicle less..... and as we’ve tried electric vehicles and failed miserably!
I thought junctions were optional for cyclists anyway?
I am Spartacus 
(27-06-2018, 11:36 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: I thought junctions were optional for cyclists anyway?

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
The new A556 junction at Mere has been reworked to favour cyclists, so now they're only a PITA for the rest of the A50 Rolleyes

There are quite a few at work who cycle in, a lot more in summer obvs, can't see it catching on much Nov-March Undecided
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
They spent £29million building cyclists a 'superhighway' between Bradford and Leeds. Very few use it. And those that do regularly knock people over, especially people getting off the bus as the cycle path runs between the bus stop and the pavement. I'll make no mention of the fact that the road width has been reduced so filtering is near impossible.

Cycling's ace.
I am Spartacus 
(27-06-2018, 11:36 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: I thought junctions were optional for cyclists anyway?

I promise to observe junctions if you observe speed limits  Laugh

(27-06-2018, 02:20 PM)Buffalo Wrote:

That will hit a raw nerve eh what?!
Words fail me on the irrelevancy of that statement.
I am Spartacus 
(27-06-2018, 02:43 PM)DrMarten Wrote:
(27-06-2018, 02:20 PM)Buffalo Wrote:

That will hit a raw nerve eh what?!
Why ? let’s not kid ourselves some cyclists jump lights some bikers speed
(27-06-2018, 03:12 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Words fail me on the irrelevancy of that statement.

I was merely generalising.....
(27-06-2018, 03:12 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Words fail me on the irrelevancy of that statement.

I don’t know why, the statement cyclists ignore junctions is a generalisation so is the statement all bikers abuse speed limits and use public roads as a race track, the relevance to the two statements is in the absurdity of making it

Wank wank wank fucking wank
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

You got that Littlewoods catalog out again Bez  Laugh

Laugh
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(27-06-2018, 02:01 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: I'll make no mention of the fact that the road width has been reduced so filtering is near impossible.

Ride your motorbike in the bike lane, deny all knowledge Laugh
I saw a cyclist fall off going over tram tracks the other day Laugh
You’ve got to admit, the current generation of cyclists are a thorough pain in the ass. 

Almost Eco Warrior mentality by wanting to use the roads to prove a point, alas, whilst we drive our fossil fuelled vehicles passed them, all those nasty gases being emitted for them to inhale seems due retribution for their stoic approach to road use.

I’m wondering if the health benefits of exercise isn’t outweighed by the inhilation of such poisonous cocktail.... Hey Ho, each to their own.
Cocktail of poisoning fumes Confused  you have never cycled or ran the amount of farting and queefing is fanominal  Laugh Not to mention the odd drop squat and dump  Laugh

How disgusting!  Laugh

How do you maintain grip and traction?!