Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niken
I'm surprised Doc hasn't broached this subject, but what are your thoughts on this fella:

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/...niken.aspx

[Image: niken_bs_018.ashx?h=493&w=740&la=en&hash...FF8BDFB8FE]
I am Spartacus 
Simple question from me...why?

New spaz chariot or something?
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

My thoughts exactly. I get it as an engineering exercise and concept for motor shows, but they are actually making it. 

Not sure it’ll even help the disabled, as far as I know it doesn’t lock the wheels like the Piaggio 3-wheelers, it’ll just fall over.
I am Spartacus 
Err... what are you two saying... Laugh

Doesn’t appeal to me at all and my question too.... is Why?!

If anything flicks my switch in that respect, the Honda ADV - X if I can’t ride 2 wheels, I ain’t riding 3 etc etc.
Illigitimi non carborundum.
I get it! It's for the next generation of riders. Cars will be a thing of the past soon, as these bad boys will come into play. Very small, Hybrid, stable to ride and cost Feck all to run. They'll end up with a carbon roof and doors. All ultra slim line for two peeps at most. Frees up space on the roads and parking. Even a fuck wit will be able to ride it without falling off. Get used to it ladies, it's coming!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Feck me Kev, that’s deep!

Now then.... if these car drivers want to ride a bike, they should be prepared to pass a bike test. Not revert to the old 3 wheeler get out clause...because they can.

They will just bring their filthy, arrogant and ignorant ways onto the roads.

Quite frankly, I’m mildly disgusted...to the point of the printer being activated.
lbk Wrote:I get it! It's for the next generation of riders. Cars will be a thing of the past soon, as these bad boys will come into play. Very small, Hybrid, stable to ride and cost Feck all to run. They'll end up with a carbon roof and doors. All ultra slim line for two peeps at most. Frees up space on the roads and parking. Even a fuck wit will be able to ride it without falling off. Get used to it ladies, it's coming!

You are talking about something completely different to what this is Kev. I get what you are alluding to, but unless there's a massive shift in peoples requirements no one will go for them - otherwise Smart cars would be a lot more popular than they actually are and the BMW C1 would be everywhere. The Renault Twizy almost exactly fits your description and I bet you haven't seen many on the road despite being for sale for a couple of years (though electric range is probably to blame more than anything for that)

This is an MT09 made wider and heavier with all that iron work up top, plus another £4000 on the price. It's no more stable as far as I can tell and from reading the reviews 'it rides just like a MT09' - so, as we all seem to agree, Why?
I am Spartacus 
Looks like a party night at Yamaha R&D turned into a reality,

(26-06-2018, 07:30 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: You are talking about something completely different to what this is Kev. I get what you are alluding to, but unless there's a massive shift in peoples requirements no one will go for them - otherwise Smart cars would be a lot more popular than they actually are and the BMW C1 would be everywhere. The Renault Twizy almost exactly fits your description and I bet you haven't seen many on the road despite being for sale for a couple of years (though electric range is probably to blame more than anything for that)

Think the main issue with thouse Twizzy things were that you basically have to rent the battery and the prices were crazy. Starting price is nearly 7K then a battery hire agreement on top.

In Madness You Dwell

Badboybez Wrote:Think the main issue with thouse Twizzy things were that you basically have to rent the battery and the prices were crazy. Starting price is nearly 7K then a battery hire agreement on top.

I agree, plus the lack of doors - just what you need in Winter Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Laugh
(26-06-2018, 09:54 AM)Ledwardio Wrote:
Badboybez Wrote:Think the main issue with thouse Twizzy things were that you basically have to rent the battery and the prices were crazy. Starting price is nearly 7K then a battery hire agreement on top.

I agree, plus the lack of doors - just what you need in Winter  Laugh

In Madness You Dwell

Might be more useful for me ?

But only with wrap round front Bull Bars Laugh
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Until they decide what fuel, or if public transport is to be the way... who knows, as these arseholes in Government can’t decide or waiting to see the best back hander...