Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have a go Hero
Often wonder when i would and wouldn't step in, our local Tesco shop had someone try to steal some food someone was fighting with them in the street for a chicken and a tin of peas, I see someone tackled a robber who grabbed money from a lady at the cash point yesterday.

I would struggle to jump in if someone is stealing from a shop, tell the staff fine and report it but i wouldn't stick my neck out, on the other hand I would be far more inclined to jump in if a member of the public was in trouble, whats the Mancrider massive thoughts 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06...ound-have/

(21-06-2018, 11:41 AM)Buffalo Wrote: Often wonder when i would and wouldn't step in, our local Tesco shop had someone try to steal some food someone was fighting with them in the street for a chicken and a tin of peas, I see someone tackled a robber who grabbed money from a lady at the cash point yesterday.

I would struggle to jump in if someone is stealing from a shop, tell the staff fine and report it but i wouldn't stick my neck out, on the other hand I would be far more inclined to jump in if a member of the public was in trouble, whats the Mancrider massive thoughts 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06...ound-have/

I'm disappointed with you ................................................. Telegraph FFS !!

My dad used to be manager of a Victoria Wines, back in the 70's they were rewarded for "detaining" someone, then there were a few nasty incidents and a few people seriously injured in hold-ups and "run offs thefts" and the whole retail trade went to a policy of letting them go and not endangering staff, silent panic alarms and locking tills mean this is less common and shoplifting is seen as an operating overhead, so tackling someone in Tesco is ill advised, besides most of the bigger shops have their own security.

While it would be tricky for me to run after anyone, I expect I'd want to at least twat someone running off with granny's pension !
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Apologies Telegraph was just first off the web, I checked the daily mail but they had photoshopped the robber as a migrant, 

I can imagine the legal claims from employees incentivised to tackle robbers, someone taking a handbag off a member of the public I would give chase and hope some others would wade in once you got them

Someone robbing a Tesco etc.....definitely not. Someone getting mugged, I’d like to think I’d get stuck in. It all boils down to the circumstances and what is actually taking place. Very difficult these days. The scum wouldn’t think twice about knifing you to death over a packet of Turkey twizzlers or a chicken Kiev.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
I'd help, you never know..... Free chicken dinner with peas and a cut of the loot.. Alls good
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Kick the fuck out of them in a self defence style they deserve what’s coming for been twat bags
My real name is Dave 
Scenario 2.
You're walking down the street and two scrotes, one with a hammer, one with an angle grinder are trying to rob someone's bike......what do you do??
Fook that!

These despicable vermin are feral. Your life means zero to them and you are just like another obstacle in their way to have their own way.

You may be stabbed... or shot.

The potential is there. This is what they prey on ....

Our society no longer looks to protect you or your property, merely to balance out probabilities, and if the offender is from a poor white or ethnic minority they will have the lightest sentence or walk... it is disproportionate, but in this liberal wishy washy do good society that prevails over the criminal justice system, the pipe dream of serving a sentence carries no weight at all.

Blame all those politicians you’ve voted for in the past...those are the spineless, chinless wonders to blame..... the ones who claim to be tough on crime? Just a weasels’ way of keeping their worthless ass in a very well paid, comfy job.
Illigitimi non carborundum.
I’d just ring the dibble - then at least the poor guy/girl has a crime number for the insurance. Could be killed over a lump of tin and rubber. No thanks!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
(24-06-2018, 10:54 AM)lbk Wrote: I’d just ring the dibble - then at least the poor guy/girl has a crime number for the insurance. Could be killed over a lump of tin and rubber. No thanks!

+1 on this no brownie points if you end up dead for someone robbing a bike, if they were robbing a person then potentially yes i would step in, the reality is they are young fit strong lads, most of us are old fat feckers if the knife or hammer didn't kill you the heart attack would.

See a bloke got battered to death with a bat for fronting some kids up the other day, they had stolen a bike and he went over to them now he is dead