Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padi open water scuba diving course.
Just thought I’d throw this out there. It’s not for everyone but you never know. 

I was just about to take this course last year but had to bin for personal reasons. Anyways....I’m going to book it this week to start at the beginning ish of July (depending on courses available) it’s classroom, pool and open water based over a few weekends. Costs about £380 by the time you’ve finished. 

I’ve started to pile on the pounds again so I’m hoping it’s going to kick start me into shedding some timber. I’ve been banging on about this for a while so I’m going to make it happen this time. 

Anybody interested, then get on the course with me.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Tried diving a few times but I really struggled with my ears, both occasions were on holiday so possibly poor tuition might give it another go
Hope not Hate 
Nice one Chris. I do believe, there are methods to over come that issue. Like you say, probably down to poor tuition.
I don’t mind the idea of doing it but no way I could commit to anything at the minute.
I am Spartacus 
It’s a firm NO from me! 

Akin to parachuting from a perfectly good aircraft, why would you want to sink to the bottom. Totally illogical to me...... Wink

Where is it all based at pal?
I’ve got a Padi cert. did it in the Fire Service, straight after BA ( breathing Apparatus) training. So we all got through it with a breeze. Happy to dive with you when you get your cert though. 
Still got contacts for tank gear and refills.
Just Out-Running The Reaper......and I mean Just
It’s based in reddish/ Stockport Sparky. 

Nice one Glenda.
On the corner of Reddish Lane and Hyde Rd. Little bit of advice, be careful how much you pay up front. Heard s couple of stories that were not too pleasant about payments, but also heard it’s a great school for learning, with their own pool 
What do you mean about payments?
Kev doesn’t pay for scuba or breakfast - you know the rules Glenn
I am Spartacus 
He’s right ya know! Laugh
Being asked to pay for several sessions up front and trainers not being available or turning up and having to fight for a refund. 
Heard it mentioned a couple of times. 
Doesn’t matter though if LBK doesn’t pay 
Got me a bit worried now Confused
Are you sure this is a good idea? 

I’d start with some good walks Old Chap. Too much strenuous exercise at your age is too dangerous.... 
You could progress onto your pedal bikes afterwards...

Not wanting to beat a person down, But... a little and often to begin with.... my funeral suit has been out far too much recently.

I don’t think scuba is too strenuous Doc, lifting the tanks on your back is probably the hardest job and there’ll be people to help with that. 

Under the water the buoyancy takes the strain and you gentle kick your legs to drift on. 

Muff diving is probably a tougher workout  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Disgusting!
I've got about 2000 dives in, I can give you any advice you want.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
(19-06-2018, 08:52 AM)Ledwardio Wrote: I don’t think scuba is too strenuous Doc, lifting the tanks on your back is probably the hardest job and there’ll be people to help with that. 

Under the water the buoyancy takes the strain and you gentle kick your legs to drift on. 

Muff diving is probably a tougher workout  Laugh

I’m guessing that putting heavy steel tanks and lead weights on a short, fat little thing would defy buoyancy....

A passing killer whale may be confused and mistake him for a seal.... or if myopic, a walrus....

Kev just go see your fav bike mechanic under the arches - after all he told Lefty where he was going wrong  Laugh
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell