Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal Wedding.....
Now then.

Been watching this unfold quite like a low budget soap.

It is at the point where, according to the press, Ms Markel’s father is not to attend his daughters wedding.... £100,000 backhander from the press...

Now... call me a cynic, ( You’re a cynic!... I hear from the back ) but this had all the recipe of being too slick to be believed? Firstly, an American actress..... a devorcee.... I heard one of these new liberal funny men on a chat show making light of the situation.... trying to belittle the Dear Old Colonials by saying, They’ve achieved it... getting one in the Palace. Cheap laughs? Obviously the idiot hasn’t studied modern history..

Edward and Mrs Simpson?

The one thing that is at the back of my mind.... the poor girl is carrying some baggage, and the gutter press will never stop..... just what could they dig up, truths and untruths.... sit back, grab a Big Gulp, some Salted Pop Corn and Chips... that’s Crisps you English (should be British... but Yanks only think Great Britain as England Rolleyes) And watch the soap unfold.
Couldn't be less interested I'm afraid – I'd rather watch Eurovision!!!
I am Spartacus 
I am with Lee on this absolutely not bothered less then not bothered actually, don't get me wrong i wish them no ill and hope they have a great day and a happy life, for me like the birth the other week they are just another family living a life, not mad about my tax being lavished on them but hey if it wasn't them it would be some other head of state they bring in the tourists so its probably worth the money, live and let live.
April 8th 2018
June 3rd 2018
July 15th 2018

I’m a keen person watcher... the main reason I posted this isn’t to do with the Royal side of things, more to do with the Commoner side and the American schmaltz bollocks.... ie a damn good soap opera unfolding.

Eurovision, really??

Buff.... totally agree. The level of privilege is obscene. I’m under no illusion that as time goes on, the richer get richer etc. But the level of isolationism the Royals have is incomprehensible. 

Hence, I’m watching this unfold...
My feelings exactly Buff – I'm not anti-, just not bothered. They seem happy and I hope they are.

(15-05-2018, 11:45 AM)DrMarten Wrote: Hence, I’m watching this unfold...

You've got too much spare time on your hands Doc - you need a hobby Wink
I am Spartacus 
Not arsed one bit - might have shown a bit of interest if we'd have got a Bank Hol out of it Cool
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Love the Royals me!
I have control - standby standby
(15-05-2018, 04:32 PM)lbk Wrote: Love the Royals me!

Now I know someone is taking the piss Laugh
Kev loves everyone..... He's that kind nda guy.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
(15-05-2018, 04:49 PM)DrMarten Wrote:
(15-05-2018, 04:32 PM)lbk Wrote: Love the Royals me!

Now I know someone is taking the piss Laugh

(15-05-2018, 06:23 PM)Lefty Wrote: Kev loves everyone..... He's that kind nda guy.
>[Image: GsnSmOBu_t.jpeg]
Love Harry & co me.
Laugh
I am preparing my union flag to fly from my flagpole and attach my twin flag set to the car  Laugh
My real name is Dave 
Laugh Laugh
Told Ya.....!

It’s unfolding better than an ITV cheap soap.

Damn shame Spitting Image isn’t around anymore, the script writers would be foaming at the mouth with sketch’s of Philip loading his blunderbus...going and sorting the peasants out.

Thomas Markle.... now there’s a shit if ever there was one. Booked himself in for a heart operation days before the wedding stating he can’t come. Let’s put a wild outside bet on... will he turn up on a private air ambulance at the last minute.... it’s the type of thing that goes on in soap script writers minds....  £5 down on that.
I guess we will inevitably have to deal with the Megan "sex tape" scandal at some point probably Saturday morning
April 8th 2018
June 3rd 2018
July 15th 2018

(16-05-2018, 08:11 AM)Buffalo Wrote: I guess we will inevitably have to deal with the Megan "sex tape" scandal at some point probably Saturday morning

Where?  Big Grin
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

(16-05-2018, 08:15 AM)Badboybez Wrote:
(16-05-2018, 08:11 AM)Buffalo Wrote: I guess we will inevitably have to deal with the Megan "sex tape" scandal at some point probably Saturday morning

Where?  Big Grin

you would get decent odds on Prince Phillip i bet its some sort of royal arrangement dating back millennia but he gets first go on all new royals male or female
April 8th 2018
June 3rd 2018
July 15th 2018

Mr Markle has had his massive heart op.... stents! FFS.

Told yall, it’ll be like a cheap American soap.... looks like the other family are here and there giving TV interviews, despite them having little or no interaction in Ms Markle’s life...

The BBC has even gone as far to say, the family are chasing journalists cheque books! How very in BBC like ....

It does seem the Palace has become somewhat cautious of the family now with the exception of her mother, who seems to be the only one of the family with morals and dignity.
I can see a number of positives to this wedding

A) there's a bunch of overpaid freaks kicking a bag of wind around at Wembley.
B) all the Granny's will be sat in front of the box sobbing!
C) there's going to be loads of garden parties kicking off, meaning all the split arses will be cooking.
D) the boozers will be full of drunken yobs knocking seven bells out of each other.
E) the rozzers will be busy controlling said drunken yobs.

All meaning.....the roads will be quiet!
Finally! Common sense from across T’Pennines.

Well said.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Royal Enfield coming home to the UK lbk 6 712 02-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Last Post: lbk
  Royal Jubilee ChrisJH 15 1,225 06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Guest