Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT or SORN
Was talking to Strong Dave about this the other week. Anyways....I was seriously thinking of Sorning my bike until next year, as this year has pretty much been written off for me. Well it has in biking terms for sure. After our little chat - I decided I would keep it all sexed up. 

Phoned Chris who’s been doing my MOT’S for years. Asian guy answers the phone. Chris retired and sold up 7months ago. WTF!!! It’s now car body repair shop. It’s been a family run garage since the early 50’s. Gutted....proper old school garage.

I have a bit of a thing about supporting small local businesses - so I went hunting for a decent bike/MOT Mechanic. Looks like a success because I’ve found one. Took it in this morning, bike passed and I had a look around his work shop. Well impressed and it’s only down the road from me. SDS in Hurst cross. 

ABW will still be my no 1 but it doesn’t harm to have a decent no 2 does it. Just got to tax and insure the bloody thing now.....o and ride it Laugh
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Yes, don’t forget to ride it young man
I am Spartacus 
Good move! If you had taken the SORN route it would never have seen the light of day again.
Probably right. I’ve got to find the time to get back on the saddle.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Don’t forget, it’s not just you who loses out....

Leaving your two wheeled friend in the stable does it no good at all.
I am no mechanic but i would imagine leaving your bike standing idle for long wont do it any favours
 15.July.2018 14hrs 55mins 03seconds 

Bikes generally seem to store ok for up to around six months, as long as they're garaged, doesn't do any harm to change the oil and let the new stuff circulate for a few minutes on start-up and then a gentle pootle around town to free everything up and get the bearings, etc, loosened up, chain (if fitted) will need a good clean up and relube and check on the centre/ paddock stand for free running, some people like to drain and replace the coolant as well.

The only other thing is to check the battery (if it hasn't been on an Optimate, or similar) and trickle charge to full capacity.

Canadians do this sort of thing regularly as parts of their country can be a frozen wasteland for six months of the year.
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !