Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big bore
Is this what you was talking about Doc? 
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Big-Bore-90cc-1...SwXsFadRYm
I have control - standby standby
Apparently putting a C70 head on a C90 Barrel adds some power as the 70 head has bigger valves, must be from a 12 volt C70 though not 6.
I am Spartacus 
(01-05-2018, 08:37 PM)lbk Wrote: Is this what you was talking about Doc? 
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Big-Bore-90cc-1...SwXsFadRYm

Yep.
(01-05-2018, 08:56 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: Apparently putting a C70 head on a C90 Barrel adds some power as the 70 head has bigger valves, must be from a 12 volt C70 though not 6.

Hmm... I’d agree more valve area is a good move, but as the cylinder cooling fins on yours have rusted away... a new barrel would be needed too.
Rusted? That’s just the patina of a life well spent  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
If it’s £55 for a bore upgrade then it’s worth doing, but that is all Chinese metal and would need checking as the detailed information doesn’t mention fitting a Honda 90, just Chinese engines.
I am Spartacus 
I’m sure on the forum they’ll be a detailed procedure on how to use Honda’s own 110 barrel and head....

You’re the man for that!
As for Chinese engineering...got to agree!
Yep - can’t fit Chinese shit to our beloved British Jap bike. Ask about on that forum Lee and we’ll see what our options are.
Oh! Kevin..... you’ll be getting emotional about it soon...
(02-05-2018, 09:38 AM)lbk Wrote: Yep - can’t fit Chinese shit to our beloved British Jap bike. Ask about on that forum Lee and we’ll see what our options are.

Well, now, if Chinese engines are good enough for your precious BMW's, then ..............................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Motorr...production

Just sayin' Rolleyes
There's no hope ........ he'll be an engineer !
Nah! Those are to German standards.... 

The Chinese are to Chinese standards.... Laugh
How have we gone from giving a subtle rebore and new rings to needing a new barrel and upping it to 110?

I think we need a firm plan sorting.
I am Spartacus 
Got your Headmaster head on??
If Doc had his way, we’d stripping the shit out of everything, rebuild it all, clean every part within an inch of its life and then ACF all over. 

I think we’ll stick to the original plan but try and get bigger jets for the carb.
I’m just saying we need to make a plan, but I agree we should be looking at the options, and let Doc clean it  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Laugh Laugh
(02-05-2018, 08:16 PM)lbk Wrote: If Doc had his way, we’d stripping the shit out of everything, rebuild it all, clean every part within an inch of its life and then ACF all over. 

I think we’ll stick to the original plan but try and get bigger jets for the carb.

Excuse me?!

What’s the title of the topic.... and posted by whom? Laugh
I have sent details of big bore kits to the author of this thread.

It is from a manufacturer of tuning parts I’ve fitted to my bike...

So, you’ll gather .... it’s of the highest quality and ain’t cheap.

Take a deep breath.....
If I remember rightly we said we’d spend £100 on it  Laugh
I am Spartacus