Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z900
Finally.

I managed to take her out for a little run after the Plop event.

Only 8 miles, but lots of smiles.... it is the complete opposite of the BM, but is definitely a Kawasaki. Balsy, hairy chested attitude of the lairy big Zed’s of Old, but hugely refined too. I’d read reviews stating just how smooth it was but the cynic in me says that’s just journalistic licence, but in this case it is creamy smooth.

The engine seems to rev quite high, but when you look down at the speedo, it is a different story.

The suspension seems harsh and unforgiving, will have to wait a few miles to see that it gets softer.

Now then, these new light action clutches are just that... as light as a feather and really progessive.

Only thing that is a pain in the ass...is the high passenger seat, and trying to get your leg over it, kind of counteracts the ultra low seat, which is so peachy for those of use with Dachshund length legs.
Good to hear you’ve give it a run and it sounds like you are happy with it. 

So, let’s start you a shopping list:
Leo Vince end can
Evotech exhaust hanger to replace pillion footpegs 
R&G or Evotech tail tidy to replace the big sticky out plastic bit

Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Never heard of a light action clutch. What’s all that about then?
I have control - standby standby
(01-05-2018, 09:38 AM)lbk Wrote: Never heard of a light action clutch. What’s all that about then?

One that doesn’t take a lot of effort to pull the lever - you’ve let the engineering world down there Hobbit  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Laugh Laugh Laugh
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Laugh Laugh Laugh

Research, Young Man, research!!
Bunch of knobs! I said “ive never heard of it” not what it was. Thick as shit you lot. Laugh
That’s a bit strong.... Knobs! Indeed.
Hey you silly old Welsh twat, whys your reply plural. I merely giggled at the comment.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
Whys?? Why is OR why’s ..... you’re slipping old son.

My reply was to the Hobbit, not a sweeping generalisation. As in, using his phraseology Knobs, which required a quotation of knobs. You’ve been quite defensive on this issue, anybody would think you’ve been called a knob before.

Don’t hate the player... hate the game!
Laugh tool.....
Cock.... Big Grin
So basically it’s a slipper clutch then. Why the fuck didn’t you just say that. You all disgust me!
It’s more than that.....!

Please don’t disgust me!!
Is it bollox! It’s an over engineered clutch. Don’t make me be repulsed.
So now we’ve got to the bottom of this.... a touch of the Fred Dibnah’s...

You should embrace modern innovation otherwise you’d still be dragging home your freshly killed tea behind a Mammoth.
Take that back right now. King Freddie was tha absolute dogs bollox. I loved Fred me!
A typical slipper clutch doesn’t lighten the action at the clutch lever, just stops the back wheel locking on clumsy downshifts - the Cub could do with one  Laugh

The Kwak ‘Assist & Slipper Clutch’ apparently does though:
https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/about_kawa...VxdCV9eUFA
I am Spartacus 
(01-05-2018, 08:53 PM)Ledwardio Wrote: A typical slipper clutch doesn’t lighten the action at the clutch lever, just stops the back wheel locking on clumsy downshifts - the Cub could do with one  Laugh

The Kwak ‘Assist & Slipper Clutch’ apparently does though:
https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/about_kawa...VxdCV9eUFA

We await Kevin’s viewpoint on this fact.....

Look at Dick Dastardley and Muttley’s expression after the explanation..... That’s similar to how I feel now...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new Kawasaki Z900... DrMarten 83 4,671 28-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: DrMarten