Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R&G heated grips.
You either love or loathe heated grips... the majority of people I know love them. Even now, the latest convert, I am Weasel...loves his.

Problem is, the market seems to be dominated by Oxford.... a great product. The problem with them...the price!

Having been sniffing for a decent set which don’t have OXFORD moulded into them in a shouty way, the R&G product popped up on Amazon...for a bargain £34. R&G provide good support and a support service...for example a replacement grip... £17 should it fail outside of its guarantee period.
No complaints with the Oxford grips, except the glue that comes with it. Absolutely shite it is. Just when you think you’ve done the bizzo - the grips soften the glue and it starts to spin. Get some Gorrila glue of hair spray.
I have control - standby standby
I’ve had R&G before and they were fine Doc. 

My circulation is deteriorating and I always fit heated grips, I really struggled last week when the Guzzi didn’t have them  Sad
I am Spartacus 
Strong Dave resisted for ages but know he can’t live without them. He’ll tell you different to your face but the fact of the matter is - he’s old and giving in. Just saying!
I have control - standby standby
I can’t cope without them nowadays. The bike has got hand protector things on, and that surprised me how good they are at taking the wind blast off you.

Lee.... it only gets worse.

As for Strong Dave..... another die hard biker, Mark, said that anyone who rides a big with heated grips was a softy...after he’d tried them, converted there and then. Weasel will eventually have his Billy Graham moment.... I’ve seen the light!
My Ninja is in at this very moment having the heated grips removed..... Along with the devils work, a datatool alarm.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
I’m so disappointed that you didn’t ask Kevin and me to do that work....
Fuck off.... You two loons would have stripped everything out of it... It would have come back as a tractor steam engine combo.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
Nope! Neither of us would do a Fred Dibnah on you. I am truly disappointed that we have trust issues....

There again, it would’ve been far too tempting to pop a 70 mph speed limiter on Angel

Why are you going back to a young man’s bike? Your back is fooked, wrists, elbows and knees... 

We could’ve done a lovely handlebar conversion, dropped the footpegs..... heated seat and grips... you’ll be sorry you didn’t entrust Kev’s StalyVegas SpeedShop to do the work...
No, I've still got one good knee left... And my backs good. The rests fooked though so you're nearly right  Laugh
(15-04-2018, 06:54 PM)Lefty Wrote: My Ninja is in at this very moment having the heated grips removed..... Along with the devils work, a datatool alarm.

Pass the grips on to Kev, lets get them fitted to the plop!
I am Spartacus 
Sorry....

They’d sap every last bit of power out of it.... you’ll just have to man up! Should be nice and warm by them in any case.
It is looking that way - Kev'll be sweating!
I am Spartacus 
Just collected from Amazon locker....

Better than going to a dealer... better than stroppy mail order....

Now... into battle.
Just don't wire them in to permanent live like whoever did them on my Fazer.
Indeed.

Switched live for me, although.... the more expensive Oxford grips, some of their models now have voltage drop detection therefore you can just go direct to the battery.

I’m old school, none of this modern witchcraft here, simple is, simple does. Plus... ever tried bump starting a big single? Especially at our age...
Just thought I’d big up a fantastic product....

Gorilla Glue.

Forget the stuff that comes with heated grips.... throw it away!

Gorilla Glue.... can only imagine why it’s called that, as I’m sure if a SilverBack has a grip on you.... you ain’t going anywhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heated Grips 29 2,851 25-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Last Post: xandyx1