Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for selling bike
Hey,

I sold my first bike as a non runner so just slapped it up on eBay, somebody won, turned up put it in a van and off they went.

I'm happy to say after almost 12 months ownership the Deauville is still running and smooth at that - 12 months MOT and new brake pads fitted today. I was just going to stick it on Auto Trader with an honest description but not sure what to do about test rides and such?

Was also thinking about running it up to some dealers to see if they're interested but I'd get a much lower price.
No test rides without the cash for the bike in your hand and proof of fully comp insurance for the pilot.
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
+1 with what Lefty says. I'd also not show them where the bike is parked at night.....
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Yeah, no test ride under any circumstances without the dosh in your hand and arrange to meet them anywhere but your house.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
[quote name='MarkW7' timestamp='1376492502' post='58621']
Hey,

I sold my first bike as a non runner so just slapped it up on eBay, somebody won, turned up put it in a van and off they went.

I'm happy to say after almost 12 months ownership the Deauville is still running and smooth at that - 12 months MOT and new brake pads fitted today. I was just going to stick it on Auto Trader with an honest description but not sure what to do about test rides and such?

Was also thinking about running it up to some dealers to see if they're interested but I'd get a much lower price.
[/quote]

Don't waste your time with auto trader, stick it on the free sites, piston heads, bike trader etc, I sold my Varadero for the asking price with a free ad on pre loved!
go figure

Cheers guys, bike trader is only free for listing bikes up to £1,000 then £20 for 3 weeks. I've stuck it on Gumtree for now but might try eBay / Bike Trader. If Piston Heads is free I'll create an account on that.
[quote name='MarkW7' timestamp='1376519646' post='58644']
Cheers guys, bike trader is only free for listing bikes up to £1,000 then £20 for 3 weeks. I've stuck it on Gumtree for now but might try eBay / Bike Trader. If Piston Heads is free I'll create an account on that.
[/quote]

I use eBay every time Mark. Never had any issues sold about 8 ZXR's over late couple of years runners and non runners.

No one ever asked for test ride but if they do I stick em on back! Simples.

Or as the lads have said Dosh in hand! [Image: wink.gif]
All bikes is always a good start point & Keith Dixon will give you an honest price over the phone. [Image: wink.gif]
Thanks Raymondo, probably will end up sticking it up on eBay for the £20.

I've compiled a handful of dealers and will give them a call over time.
Is that:
http://www.allbikes-rochdale.co.uk/
42 - 46 Milnrow Road
Rochdale
OL16 1UD
Tel 01706 713 680
yeah mark gumtree has worked ok for me in the past fella...
" i'll get my coat... "
[quote name='MarkW7' timestamp='1376674945' post='58676']
Thanks Raymondo, probably will end up sticking it up on eBay for the £20.

I've compiled a handful of dealers and will give them a call over time.
Is that:
http://www.allbikes-rochdale.co.uk/
42 - 46 Milnrow Road
Rochdale
OL16 1UD
Tel 01706 713 680
[/quote]

Thats the one ask for Dave in sales he'll see you right. [Image: wink.gif]
[quote name='Jap_STi_3' timestamp='1376693593' post='58682']
Thats the one ask for Dave in sales he'll see you right. [Image: wink.gif]
[/quote]

Then tell him "Ray sent you" Laugh
My real name is Dave 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FFS! Phone on a bike - how many times I’ve done this. Badboybez 4 63 17-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DrMarten
  Manchester bike show Saturday 23 March lbk 7 142 23-03-2019, 01:40 PM
  Bike clothing! lbk 53 1,067 11-03-2019, 11:24 PM
  New bike? Anyone.... DrMarten 34 609 21-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Buffalo