Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deals are to be had....
Had a real shit week.... so, no need to moan...

Jump on bike and get out.

Went upto a local dealership, who will remain nameless for obvious reasons.... which may be revealed later...! Nothing bad, quite the opposite actually.

Anyways, talk shit.... have a laugh..... then Wham! They hit you with .... take out this demo..... 

Now, any new bike is nice, especially when you are missing what you’ve lost....

This thing was .... fantastic. I’ll say no more. I came back and more shit was spouted.

Asked what I thought, simply said...... nice bike, very nice indeed.... nothing more. 

It’s yours for £ xxxx .... there’s me metaphorically rolling around on the floor..... I was then asked.....

What do you value it as Idea?

So, that’s the state of the bike sales just now....
What are you implying Martin, that if the manufacturer said it was worth £12k and you said £10k, they could make that work?

Btw your lovely new Beemer should do everything you need, so stop looking! Temptation is the Devils work.
I am Spartacus 
Have to say Dave had a Trump scrambler whilst his TEX was being serviced last week.

Tickles me fancy for a sunny afternoon - trouble is we don't get many sunny afternoons Laugh
[Image: 0s4xliEM.jpeg]

In Madness You Dwell

Now Lee....

The BM is superb.... dragged out of hibernation last weekend, I took it on a few passes to Ruthun and back just to get the fluids flowing... then Kevin called...

Took it out again for a few miles into Rhyl and along the coast, 40 or so miles and took it for a good cold jet wash just in case the salt was still around then a good coat of ACF.

But... it ain’t no fun on the tiny back lanes....

Brings me to MSX.... in the morning we went out and got covered in mud and cow shit! I got home only to get some jet wash money....
Bike got jet washed.... and me too.... boots and jeans were brown/green, not blue!

Thoroughly enjoyable....

But there’s something missing.

Bez..... completely agree. You need a big bike, but something smaller can be a lot of fun.
Maybe you should have kept the CRF and stuck some supermoto wheels in?  Laugh

What is it you tried and what are you considering? I guess you’re looking mid-size? 

At the end of the day you’re going to have to jet wash whatever you get  Wink
I am Spartacus 
I should’ve kept it and have been saying that a million times over.

Hence, they tried baiting me with the CRF 250 Rally. With the Euro 4 nonsense the retuning of the engine has given it more power and torque, a necessity from strangling the existing unit. 

The suspension is more soft and compliant than the 250 L.

Lovely bike.
Indeed, I have a long list of vehicles I should have kept  Laugh

I don’t think you’ll get much more from the Rally, it is my understanding that any extra power was negated by the extra weight, though the suspension is meant to be an improvement. I think you need to look hard at why you chopped the CRF in - don’t make the same mistake twice. 

Have you considered the CB500X or F? Great bikes by all account. It’s certainly on my radar.
I am Spartacus 
To all intents and purposes..... the Rally is a lovely bike, but to me has no more to offer than a standard CRF. In fact for what I want a CRF for.... its more a hindrance, it’s wider, taller and quite expensive (new).

The CB500X is too big... the standard CRF at 134kgs is perfect, 94 mpg... mine cost peanuts to use.

As for the bikes that got away and should’ve kept... both LC’s...!
To close this topic....

I collect another CRF in two weeks hopefully. Not new, but I saw a mint 5 year old one and a big saving v a new one.

Pics will follow.
As you described it as Project CRF I assume you have plans Doc. When you get pics you’ll have to lay it all out for us  Wink
I am Spartacus 
(30-03-2018, 12:24 PM)DrMarten Wrote: To close this topic....

I collect another CRF in two weeks hopefully. Not new, but I saw a mint 5 year old one and a big saving v a new one.

Pics will follow.

Hurry up man! I’m waiting with baited breath here ffs!
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
When it’s here....

Get on your bike.....(that thing full of dust and cobwebs Angel) and pop over.

Take you to a couple of decent bike shops...
Yeah! Less of the mivering Ledwankio and get on your bike Laugh
(30-03-2018, 01:12 PM)DrMarten Wrote: When it’s here....

A bit of pot and kettle there!  Laugh
I am Spartacus 
(30-03-2018, 06:08 PM)Ledwardio Wrote:

I’ll have you know..... there is no dust on my bike!

That’s you having 10psi let out of the back tyre to make things more “interesting” whilst plopping....
(30-03-2018, 07:13 PM)DrMarten Wrote:
(30-03-2018, 06:08 PM)Ledwardio Wrote:

I’ll have you know..... there is no dust on my bike!

That’s you having 10psi let out of the back tyre to make things more “interesting” whilst plopping....

Is that a euphemism?
He’ll plop alright....