Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lube!!!!
Right then girls, let's talk "lube", not the normal rentboy accessory that most of you feckers are used to carrying around in ya handbags, but the type us proper men spray on our mistresses chains.

I want my lube stuck firmly to the place I sprayed it, not all over the shiny painted stuff.

Who uses what product and what's ya thoughts?
?????????
A very provocative opening gambit there Coolioster. 

I’m not sure I’ve found the Holy Grail of chain lube but I find the WD40 stuff is pretty good. I usually shove a piece of cardboard on the inside of the chain to catch overspray rather. 

I hate chains, they are often my nemesis, but I haven’t found a shaft-drive bike that floats my boat yet.
I am Spartacus 
Wurth dry lube .....

Used it for years, doesn’t cover your bike in all that sticky shite.

Shaft drive is a state of mind Ledwankio...... you either see the engineering solution or your back is so fecked, you can no longer bend down to lube and adjust a chain....
In my case both apply.

I can see you on a Guzzi yet..... Angel

I Thank you ledwankio, just a little bit of attention seeking banter on this cold winter evening, expecting a high level of abuse in return  Big Grin Big Grin 

Dr, I've heard the Wurth stuff is good, but never tried anything other than industrial grease, so all advice greatly appreciated.
+1 on both the Wurth and WD40 low fling white grease..... Or your preferred option, man milk, hand milked from the young boys of Worksop.  Laugh
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
[Image: 84UXVnH0.jpg]
Ahhhh! Becareful for what you wish Coolio....

The scourge of the forum has appeared ... Weasel.

Got to admit, you’ve been quite easy quoting man milk.... but I’m guessing you’ve found out it’s properties whilst the Sgt Major was pounding your ass...

(06-01-2018, 09:36 PM)DrMarten Wrote: Wurth dry lube .....

Used it for years, doesn’t cover your bike in all that sticky shite.

Shaft drive is a state of mind Ledwankio...... you either see the engineering solution or your back is so fecked, you can no longer bend down to lube and adjust a chain....
In my case both apply.

I can see you on a Guzzi yet..... Angel

I had a V7 Racer for a bit, so I suppose I lied as I liked it. I chopped it in to get a KTM EXC and have a go at off-roading. 

[Image: IMG_0923.JPG]
I am Spartacus 
That’s you outed ....

I do remember you had one, basically, they ain’t bad, but it’s a love hate thing, most people hate them as they haven’t tried one....

But they ain’t for me....

+6 on the Wurth dry lube. It’s about the best on the market imho.
I have a shaft drive because I - like  Ledwankio, hate chains. Once you’ve had a good ride on a shaft, you’ll NOT go back to chains.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
"not"..... Pleb.  Laugh
I am Weasel. Hmm, toasty warm hands................. I love my smashing heated grips O'shagnasty.
(07-01-2018, 04:12 PM)Lefty Wrote: "not"..... Pleb.  Laugh

Strange, the word Muppet sprang to my mind.
I am Spartacus 
Laugh Laugh

Fuck Me! It’s Bob and Bamba Laugh
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
Who....???

Think he means BAMBER.... Pleb. I rest my case  Laugh.
You’re very tuned into him Lefty
I am Spartacus 
Carer’s do understand their patients well...

Laugh
I am Spartacus 
Laugh with power comes responsibility.
I can see you’ll be in for a quite painful Monday morning.... breakfast could be messy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lirpa Chain Lube DrMarten 5 455 02-04-2018, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Ledwardio