Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get a grip!
Just to go back on topic... the gorilla glue has done the trick. Thanks Kevmondo
I am Spartacus 
Gorilla glue is good stuff....

The adhesive tape is fantastic also. Gets my vote.

Engineering brain ya see Ledwankio. Glad it worked sweet cheeks.
To the Regiment! I wish I was there.
See told you Gorilla was the stuff... glad it’s worked
My real name is Dave 
I now have a lovely set of toasty R&G hot grips on the CRF now.....

No fannying around with hairspray here....they fitted perfectly, left one needed a few whacks with a piece of wood and hammer then some Gorilla Glue for the right one. Just got to find a switched live, until then, I’m straight to the battery.

Headlight for your switch live Doc. Don’t have to fanny about routing cable everywhere. That Gorrila glue is bloody good stuff - innit!
Tell me.....It’s like First Aid for the workshop.

As for the headlight idea, the CRF runs DRLs as dipped headlight which is disconnected when starter is pressed.....and would switch off the grips... I’m going in at the starter solenoid.

I thought you would have for the headlight from first innings mate. Be interesting to see the monkey glue perform - when them grips are reders!
(17-05-2018, 10:20 PM)DrMarten Wrote: As for the headlight idea, the CRF runs DRLs as dipped headlight which is disconnected when starter is pressed.....and would switch off the grips... I’m going in at the starter solenoid.

I’m reading ya! Cool
(17-05-2018, 10:21 PM)lbk Wrote: I thought you would have for the headlight from first innings mate. Be interesting to see the monkey glue perform - when them grips are reders!

Gorilla glue....

It has stuck the grips perfectly.... used them regularly on my night manoeuvres recently as it gets very chilly down the valley after the sun goes down.

As a matter of fact .... I’ve glued steel and cast ally with it...remains to see how durable it is as a fix mind.